Is there anything that you're embarrassed about..

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
that you let your LO do still? Do they still have a nuk? Do they dress themselves and embarrass you? Say bad words or eat bad things? Anything crazy?

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

June 23rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm embarassed that I cant afford to send them to preschool. I'm embarassed at some of the things that come out of their mouths.......like Cooper telling my dad today that mommy sleeps without underwear....

June 23rd, 2010, 09:06 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
It is very embarrassing when Julia tells people that we're eating lasagna for dinner b/c it sounds exactly like she's saying vagina LMAO
June 23rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Sometimes I get embarrassed when Mason rides rear facing. I know how safe it is and I am very proud of that, but most of the kids his age are in boosters, or even just a seat belt.. let alone still in a 5 point harness, but NONE of them are RF. I get so many weird looks like *I'M* the one endangering my child.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

June 23rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get embarrassed when she insists on wearing a dress and then shows her undies in public. I'm working on it..grrrrr. Plus, she's the gassiest human on the planet. It's cute when she says "excuse me" in her squeaky voice but still...lol! Otherwise..I think I'm more of embarrassment to her. She calls me out on my uncoolness quite a bit lately.

June 23rd, 2010, 11:59 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Davey sucks on his shirt sometimes, and it's kind of "embarrassing" but more or less it just ticks me off (I have a thing with stuff being in people's mouths, fingers, binkies, blankies, shirts, etc, it just grosses me out and s very off putting to me for some reason). He never did it as a baby/toddler, it's something that's just come about this past year or so, I told him I'm going to start putting hot sauce in his mouth when I catch him doing it.

He's starting to notice people's skin color and will say "that brown person" which is way embarrassing, but he's not trying to be mean, he's just saying what he sees. I've tried telling him to say African American, but in reality some of the people he's talking about are Hispanic so African American doesn't cover all bases.

Oh and if he's comparing 2 ethnicities, like Hispanic and white, he'll say the Hispanic person is brown, and the white person is "skin color"! Luckily the girls I work with are not easily offended and understand that he's just a kid, they laugh about it while I sit there mortified, lol. We're all friends at work and they tease me about it, lol!

Last edited by Kelly; June 23rd, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
June 24th, 2010, 05:18 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Most of the times that I get embarrassed are when I'm struggling to combat simultaneous melt downs. I usually have the kids by myself, and it's crazy just how difficult it is to contain two angry, upset kids. I tried taking them both to the pool by myself, and it was a total disaster. I ended up carrying both sopping wet children to the car, fighting them to get the buckled (all while they're screaming) and then going back to gather up all our stuff. It was crazy. All this happened, of course, in front of several of my neighbors... NONE of whom offered to help. I could have strangled them all.

June 26th, 2010, 01:18 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I would say the most embarrassing thing is dealing with the meltdowns too. Spencer has gotten HORRIBLE at tantrums lately. I used to could ignore them and walk away, and he would straighten up and run to keep up with me, but now he doesn't care, he would rather sit down so people to have push their carts around him while he screams and kicks the floor...SIGH...and now Allie is picking up some of his attitude too

June 26th, 2010, 04:29 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it bothers me that kyleigh still needs a pullup everynight. The tantrums from Cj and him running from me are the worse though. I cant take him out alone bc he took off in a parking lot and almost ran in the street. Im just not as quick now to catch him. Hes much more hyper and free spirited than all his friends.

July 1st, 2010, 09:22 PM
Not really with Hayden, but I'm actually kind of embarrassed that I'm still nursing Emelyn ... not around everyone but around my family, like my mom, I try to not mention it. I recently went on a road trip with my cousin for a week without Wade and didn't want her to know, so when I would try to get Emelyn to sleep without nursing her, she would scream for over an hour and I'd eventually just give up. We'd come out of the room and my cousin would just be shocked at how badly she screamed and I couldn't explain why.

I know it isn't a big deal and she's only 20 months, but I'm really just done. I've gotten to a point where I resent it most of the time b/c she's SO horrible when I refuse her and its pretty uncomfortable for me at this point. I'm hoping that the week away will wean her for good, but the pediatrician said not to be surprised if it doesn't. And to be clear, she'll be perfectly fine being away from me, even though she still nurses. Its only 1-2 times a day and when I'm not around, she doesn't even think about it :-)
July 2nd, 2010, 07:07 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Oh! I get embarrassed about still nursing Sam, also. Mostly if I'm around people who either don't have kids or who haven't had them for a long time. Even my friends that have nursed their kids, usually stopped around 6 months. *shrugs* I can't believe I forgot to mention that before. It's not something I deal with on a daily basis so I forget that other people think it's 'not normal'.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search