Wake up time

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2010, 06:32 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
What time do you and the kids get up in the mornings now that they are no longer in school? Is it still roughly the same routine because of your work or do you get to sleep in later?

Are they allowed to stay up later at night?

June 23rd, 2010, 07:10 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haley's not out of school yet, but Friday is her last day. I'm really looking forward to it.
We basically have the same routine since I work but we can sleep an extra half hour and we're not rushed at all since we don't have to pack her lunch, make sure all her stuff is in her bookbag, and eat breakfast. (They have breakfast at the daycare and I just grab a banana and coffee at work) So it's much more relaxed in the mornings for all of us, and they can even watch cartoons if they get up early.

Plus when she's in school I have to use my lunch hour to pick her up after school and drop her off at daycare so it saves me that trip every day.

They still go to bed at roughly the same time but I'll let them play or read or watch a movie if they are not tired yet, as long as they stay in bed.

June 23rd, 2010, 08:51 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We might let them stay up a little longer, but they are still awake by 8

June 23rd, 2010, 09:56 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
We are soooo lazy now that we don't have to do anything lol Julia hasn't been going to bed until about 10pm - mostly b/c it's light in her room literally until the sun goes down. So, we usually eat dinner around 8ish (DH usually doesn't get home until 6pm or so, and typically he and Julia spend time together while I make dinner, which is why we're eating later), then go outside to catch fireflies/play in the yard until about 9ish, then inside for a quick snack and some milk, PJs, book, song, cuddle, and that takes us to about 10pm - and she conks off immediately. She wakes up around 9ish, which is fine by me! The few times I've tried getting her to bed earlier (8pm or so, which was when she was normally going to bed during the year), she's up looking at books until 9 or 10pm anyway.

However, I'm actively looking for a full time job, so this probably won't last long (or at least I hope it won't last long and I'll get a job quickly lol).
June 23rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ummm...we are all messed up here We decided to let him have a tv in his room for the summer since he doesn't have to get up early, but it's backfiring on us. I keep wanting to take it back out but Jay says we can't go back on our word...we will see about that. During the school year we were getting them in bed by 8-9 and spencer was getting up around 7. Lately they don't go to sleep at night. Seriously it is after midnight every night! They are still up by 7 or 8 and GRUMPY. Oh yeah, and we are letting Allie sleep in there with him, so her schedule is all goofed up too. Another 6 weeks or so and then hopefully we can get back to "normal"

June 23rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I would totally take the TV out! It's not going back on your word. I'd just say something like, "Well, we tried the TV thing and you're going to bed too late. If you would like it to stay, lights out/TV off by X time (maybe give him a clock or an alarm so he knows when) and if you can be responsible enough to turn off the TV and try to get to sleep by yourself, the TV can stay. If not, it goes."

I know Julia's all about having responsibilities now. Yesterday, I said, you can stay up 1/2 hour later and watch one show of Olivia, but when it's done you need to turn the TV off and go put your PJs on. If not, then no TV tomorrow night. Can you be a big girl and be responsible like that? And lo and behold - TV was off immediately after Olivia and she was so proud of herself that I could trust her to do that.
June 24th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same here, I would totally take the tv back out or else unplug it until they can follow the rules. My kids get to watch a show or dvd in bed but the tv goes off right after it's done and if he throws a fit about it then he gets no movie the next night.

June 24th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to be at work for 7:50am, so she is up around 7am, and we are out the door by 7:20.

I aim for bedtime at 7:30pm, but it seems to be harder these days.

Weekends, she is in bed by 8-9pm. I rather her sleep in because after a week of 6am wake-ups, I am happy to have a little sleep in myself lol
July 1st, 2010, 07:00 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Our morning wake up times are the same. Right around 7am. But she is going to bed at 8:30 instead of 7;30. It's just too bright in her room to put her down before then. She keeps looking out the window like... Mom... It's still daytime.

July 1st, 2010, 08:30 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
No matter what's going on, my kids wake up whenever the heck they want LOL it's all over the place. Some day's they're both up before 7, some days they both sleep past 9. Sometimes one is up early and the other sleeps late. It's never ever the same. I rarely need to be anywhere early so it works fine for us.

If they stay up late, they don't sleep in, so I try to get them to bed at a good time no matter what.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

July 1st, 2010, 08:43 AM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to writinghoosier Send a message via Yahoo to writinghoosier
The kids are normally up between 7:30 and 8, but they go to bed much later than normal, mainly because we're outside taking in the extra daylight... doesn't get dark here until 9:30pm. The boys have afternoon preschool next year, so I'm not too concerned about bedtime right now, but they will be going to bed earlier once school starts... for mommy's sake!

Thanks for the link, ~Cupcake~!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search