Feeling guilty...

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today is my birthday, DH planned for me to go out, have fun, go shopping. He let me sleep in this morning, I got $200.00 worth of GC's to spend.

So why do I feel so guilty? I have been out ALL day since noon time, and just got home around 8. DH watched my friend's kids so she could come with me.

I can't help but feel bad that I nearly blew through $200.00, (I saved some to get a new bag and some flip flops from ON to match my outfits, we had to come home since it was getting late), and that I didn't spend ANY time with my family today, besides this morning. I can't even get birthday sex because AF is here, and I just feel...GUILTY.

DH says I shouldn't, that it wasn't too bad of a day for him with all of the kids, and that I had fun, that this is what I wanted. I honestly thought we'd be done shopping by about 5 or 6, but not 8!

Not to mention that because I ran a little later than I thought, DH has to go another 15 minutes out of his way to pick up my phone, he was supposed to pick it up from a town near us, it was going to be a 15 minute drive, now it's like a 30 minute drive because the guy went out to eat and DH has to go meet him at the restaurant now.

*sigh*
Due January 2nd with baby #3!

June 25th, 2010, 06:43 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww...don't feel bad. I'm sure Dave was happy to see you happy. So what all did you get???? Sorry to hear (the witch) is in town with such bad timing.

June 25th, 2010, 07:13 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Don't feel guilty!! I wouldn't lol Part of being a happy healthy mama is getting some down time, and a birthday is a perfect day for that.
June 26th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelly it's your ONE day a year that's just about you, don't feel guilty at all!!!! Glad you had fun!

What did ya get??

June 26th, 2010, 05:25 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dont feel guilty!!! You are MORE than entitled to a day off!

June 26th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
It was YOUR birthday!!! I can understand, because I would feel the same way, but it is your day!! You should have spent it doing just how you did.... Doing what YOU wanted to do!!
June 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
I echo everybody else. Enjoy your birthday!! If I had an entire day to just go shopping, I would be THRILLED. I'm happy you were able to spend some time just for yourself. I want to know what you got, too!

June 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
you know, if it was the other way around with you being with the kids all day while dh did what he wanted for his birthday you'd never give it another thought.

Enjoy days like these, who knows when one will come around again.

Whatyaget??
June 30th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies, I'm so over the guilt by now.

I got lots of clothes, like 4 new pairs of capris, a BUNCH of new tank tops, a bunch of new underwear (and finally, not something that comes in a 6 pack at Target)... adult, sexay underwear, 3 new bras (2 which have straps that I can wear normal or criss cross for racerback tanks),. I literally had no summer clothes and prior to this had cut a pair of jeans I didn't like that much, just to have a pair of capris. I also bought some flip flops at ON that match some of my tank tops.
Due January 2nd with baby #3!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search