Storms!

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Who is getting hit by these storms?!

It has been SO awful here. Last night there was a (another!) tornado warning. I had to wake Claire up and go to the basement (Mason was at Adam's). It got SO bad that I literally laid on top of Claire with my arms and legs wrapped around her just crying my eyes out. I thought a tornado hit.. it sounded and felt like it. I'm SO glad we're ok with no major damage other than some flooding. Our power just came back on after 11 hours.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

June 27th, 2010, 09:46 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Awwww, Maddie. I'm sorry you guys are getting hit so hard. I hate the bad summer storms/tornadoes. By far my least favorite part of the season. We're doing pretty good so far here (knock on wood) stormwise. We've only had two tornado warning so far this year. Normally we have one a week it seems like. The night time ones are the WORST. I hate not being able to see what's coming. I wish our basement was finished so that at least when we're stuck down there, we're comfortable. Right now it's gross and crowded and icky.

June 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Oh man! That really sucks Maybe once every couple of days we get a thunderstorm or something, but they usually pass through quickly - it's been hot and sunny here lately. This even we had thunder rumbling, but nothing ever came of it.
June 27th, 2010, 05:44 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
ugh that sucks Maddie that sounds horrible no storms here but we don't get tornados or anything like that if we get storms its either rain or wind and not a huge deal

June 28th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same here - no tornados or hurricanes, just rain and wind storms but they're never that bad.
Hope your power stayed on and the worst is over!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search