Does anyone else's child....

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2010, 05:08 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Hate coloring? Do I have the only weirdo that doesn't like it? She LOVES all sorts of other artsy type things, but does NOT enjoy coloring at ALL. I can't get her to do it for the life of me. I've even tried just coloring myself for a few minutes everyday to see if that will make her want to do it. Nope. She's not interested. Any ideas? I really need to get her over this dislike of it, cause it seems like in school coloring is the MAIN art activity that they do.

June 29th, 2010, 09:26 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Julia doesn't color a lot either - like Madeleine, she likes OTHER crafty things, but it's probably once/month that she'll sit down and actually color a picture or something. However, when they did coloring activities in group speech therapy, she was all about it. Maybe she doesn't like coloring w/me because I can't stay in the lines LOL

Oh, also she's very anal - everything has to be the "right" color - she hates it when I color pandas red or something haha
June 29th, 2010, 09:39 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
kyleigh loves it...i HATE it lol
it seems some things ky doesnt like to do at home she has no problem doing at school tho.

June 29th, 2010, 09:47 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Spencer never liked it at all until he started school. He would literally make 1 mark on the paper then say he was done. It took the whole school year to get where he will attempt to color the item. Although he still scribbles everywhere...there is no attempt to keep it in the lines at all. He is also just now starting to draw stick figures. So he is making progress and never asks to draw/color on his own, but he will do his work at school now, so we don't worry about it too much.

Allison on the other hand will color ALL.DAY.LONG if we let her!

June 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope. they dont care for it at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search