Birthday Parties

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2010, 05:51 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Have you started thinking about them? Since all our kids will be in some form of classroom next year, will you invite all their classmates? Where will you have it? Any ideas about theme? What about their gift? Is there anything they're asking for already?

July 1st, 2010, 07:26 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
I have NO idea lol!! I'm thinking about renting out the bounce place near us. I so don't want to set up another party. I don't know what theme we'll do. He talks about it all the time and constantly changes his mind. Right now it's pirates.

He needs NOTHING so who knows what I'll get him. I have my eye on the new Leapster, but I feel like the one he has would just go to waste lol. I spent so much on all that stuff.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

July 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to writinghoosier Send a message via Yahoo to writinghoosier
Last year we were lucky... Keegan's birthday party was the weekend before he started school in Sept. This year he'll have been in school for a month before his birthday. Not sure if I'm ready for a big hoopla yet or not. I'm thinking about having his party at the local pizza place... they have outdoor rides, lazer tag, and bumper cars. As for a theme, I think we're looking at a Monster truck party... he loves the big trucks.

As for his present... I don't know. He's getting a DSi for Christmas (only because we're going to Mexico for two weeks and I want him quiet on the flight), so for his birthday, it's going to be low key... plus, seriously, we have no room for anymore toys. He's really into Star Wars the Clone wars, so I would imagine we would have a lot of the figures and vehicles.

Thanks for the link, ~Cupcake~!
July 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I posted about it last week, and we decided on TOY STORY theme As far as where we will have it??? NO IDEA! When we will have it? NO IDEA!! Right now we are trying to plan a joint party for him and Allie and we have to work around my parent's anniversary (which is labor day weekend), Jay's step dad's b-day, and a family vacation, and mine and Jay's anniversary, then Jay will have to ask off for 1 more day for the kids' party. All within about a 6 week period. Originally we had planned on having their party at the end of Aug (around allie's birthday) but the more we look at everything else going on we think it will probably be at the very end of Sept or even that first weekend in Oct. But I plan on getting them a trampoline as a joint birthday gift, so we will probably give that to them on Allie's birthday so they can go ahead and enjoy it before the weather gets too cool this fall. Jay thinks they are too little for a trampoline, but I think it will be great for them and spencer's Physical Therapist thinks it will be great for him as well to help develop his muscles a little more. Of course it will have the pads and the safety net around it, so I'm not worried about them falling off or anything like that.
Depending on if we have the party here or at the park or at the zoo will determine who we will invite. If it's just at the house or park we will invite the whole classroom If we go to the zoo we will just invite some of our closer friends and their kids.

I had to laugh a few days ago we were at Jay's brother's house and spencer was walking around asking people for money for his piggy bank. He said he needed to get enough money to buy his trampoline The original deal was that he would do chores for me and earn money to put in his piggy bank so that eventually he could buy a trampoline...he found an easier way though

July 1st, 2010, 08:58 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I would love to get her a trampoline! I don't want something that takes up so much room though, so we might settle on a bouncy house for her big birthday present. I'm really not sure yet.

We have tossed around the idea of having her birthday party on the beach, because they have a grilling area with tables and stuff that you can reserve, but we'll have to see as it gets closer to the fall how that will work with the weather. It was chilly last year on her birthday, but the year before it was really hot. If not, maybe at this cool bounce house place - we went to a bday party there a few months ago and Julia had a blast. They have like, 15 different bounce houses and then afterward you go and have pizza.
July 1st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No clue yet. I've been thinking of reserving a pavilion or tables at a local playground. We've had parties at 'places' the past 3 times and I kind of miss having them at my house, decorating the yard, etc.

He changes his themes all the time, I can't even remember the last one he wanted. For a while though, it was E.T.

July 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i'll probably have brandon's party at pump it up again this year. last year i'd just had ethan and it was so nice to just show up and not have to do anything. we'll invite his whole class again, only about half the kids came anyway. ethan's bday is first and we are hoping to be settled in our new house enough (a few weeks maybe?) to have a small party there for family. jack's bday is in dec and i'll probably do a joint party with my sister's little girl again since jack and iz will probably be in the same preschool class anyway (nice!). i have no idea what to get brandon though. i was gonna do a DS but my aunt died last week and her son gave brandon her DS since he meant so much to her (he just got it today). so gotta figure something else out.
July 1st, 2010, 07:19 PM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We (Doug, Justin and I) have been discussing it. Maybe the Gymnastics center. They do birthday parties on the weekends. It's really cool. Then we thought about a near by bounce house place. Lauren says she wants to have a party at the house but I dunno. I'm going to invite the kids in her class. Most of her parties so far have been with just family and Megan and her boys.

As far as gifts, we've talked about getting her a little tv/dvd player for her room and a pair of twinkle toes. She tried on a pair of denim ones while we were in NC and she loved them.

July 2nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No clue yet for the party, except that we won't be inviting daycare friends. We keep the party to just family and kids of friends. Our place is not big enough for a bunch of people. Besides the party we'll also let him choose if he wants to go to the zoo or amusement park or movie theater, and then he can bring a friend there if he wants but he'll always choose his cousin Nathan to come along anyways.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search