Thirsty Thursday

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
What do you usually drink throughout the day?

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day?

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often?

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order?

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
February 24th, 2011, 01:53 PM
megpie
What do you usually drink throughout the day? Totally varies: water, milk, OJ, Coke Zero,etc.

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day? Milk or water (watered down OJ about 3x a week)

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often? No, but they can have Sprite/7-up or Root Beer if we're at a b-day party or other function and it's always watered down 50/50. They don't know the difference and still think it's yum.

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order? Margarita...rum and coke...daquiri
February 24th, 2011, 02:50 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you usually drink throughout the day? Usually Coffee, I drink iced coffee with milk and chocolate syrup

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day? She usually drinks milk (plain, chocolate or strawberry), water, or juice

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often? Yes, but not very often, only when we go out to eat, we are even try to scale back on that because she gets such a sugar rush and can't listen and behave as well

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order? If at a restuarant, it would be a margarita, if at a wedding it would be a vodka & sprite or something with some fruit juice, if at a bar, it would be a bloody Mary made with tequila. I have recently started keeping some beer in the house. One beer in the fridge, the rest in a closet. Curt knows I am because I asked permission, but he hasn't noticed because I only drink them once a week or less after he's in bed or while he's at an AA meeting is that bad?
February 24th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I drink water and diet coke.

Hope and Keily drink milk and water (Hope likes milk best and Keily likes water best)

If we are at a party or something they can have a little bit of pop- Keily doesn't like it so she will have water. Hope will sneak my diet coke if I'm not looking.

If we go out- out I will order a Corona Light with a lime. And if for some reason I don't feel like drinking beer- then Vodka and Cranberry.

February 24th, 2011, 07:24 PM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
No, Deanna...I do not think it is bad at all. You deserve to have a drink too now and then!

Throughout the day i drink a lot of water. Sometimes I get those Chrystal Light packets that you add to bottled water. My favorite is the Raspberry Ice. In the morning on my way to work I will stop and get an iced coffee OR I will drink a diet red bull to get me going.

The kids drink water or milk. No soda unless it is a special occassion or if they have sips of Derek's Dr. Pepper.

If I go out it is Vodka Cranberry all the way!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMM

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
February 24th, 2011, 09:34 PM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you usually drink throughout the day? Coffee...lots and lots of coffee. Diet Coke or Coke Zero

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day? Water, juice, milk

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often? Just the thought of Nicholas after a soda makes me cringe. They very rarely drink soda. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times they had it in the last year. Although, I'm not sure what goes on at my inlaw's. They consider Hawaiian Punch to be "juice."

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order? Rum and Coke is my go to. I love Margaritas and Daiquris if I'm having a girlie/fruity drink. Also love Vodka and cranberry, but they tend to make my clothes fall off.

February 24th, 2011, 10:19 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImustBeNuts06 View Post
but they tend to make my clothes fall off.
February 28th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
NN...you crack me up!!

What do you usually drink throughout the day? 2 cups coffee in the morning, then water and 1-2 diet cokes.

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day? Water or Milk

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often? Every once in awhile they get ginger ale....but not often.

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order? Vodka special, Bud lime or a margarita.
February 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
tiggers_best_buddy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you usually drink throughout the day?dr pepper,sweet tea

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day?watered down juice, half a sprite if that

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often?sprite and orange when he asks for it but only 1/2 of the baby cans

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order? vodka and cranberry or a green apple martini
February 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Keri K's Avatar Veteran
What do you usually drink throughout the day? Water

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day? Water

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often? They rarely drink anything other than water unless it's a bday party.

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order? Long Island Ice Tea
March 1st, 2011, 10:32 AM
~*Melanie*~
What do you usually drink throughout the day? Coffee, water and Diet Coke

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day? Water and milk

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often? No- she had a Shirley Temple on her birthday and only drank a small amount

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order? Wine!
March 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Sandra314's Avatar Homeschooling Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Sandra314
What do you usually drink throughout the day?
Water and diet soda

What does your 5 yo drink throughout the day?
Water

Do you let your kids drink soda? If so, how often?
No. The oldest son drinks water, juice or milk. My 5 year old drinks only water or milk. He hates juice.

If you were to go out and indulge in an alcoholic beverage what would you order?
Nothing, I hate alcohol.

Married for 16+ years to the love of my life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search