Well that was short lived....

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2011, 05:58 PM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
I am really sad tonight....Derek and I decided it would be best if I quit my job and stayed home with the kids again. He has been blessed with a LARGE project that is going to take all his time and he just no longer can take the kids to school in the morning or watch them after school if I am working. I am sad because I moved up pretty fast at the bank and I have made a lot of friends. I have just thrived...but, at the same time I have been feeling guilty that I have not been home and with summer fastly approaching there is just no way he can carry this work load and watch the kids too. *sigh* So tomorrow I will be giving my 2 week notice...hoping that I can possibly return in a couple years. I already told a couple of my close co workers. My friend Adam said "You complete me there" LOL! And my good friend Jan said she wanted to quit if I left...she is really sad. But, on a positive note, Ahren is THRILLED! And it means I will be on here a lot more!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
February 27th, 2011, 06:58 PM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can totally understand your reluctance. I would be very sad to not work even though I only work about 14 hours a week. I am sorry you are sad about leaving it. On one hand, I am sure you are thrilled to be with the kids, but on the other, it IS fun to have a life outside of motherhood. There is no way you could work your hours around the times the kids are in school? Or is summer vacation the big issue?

I guess it is great that your husband got into a big project. And it will be nice to see you around here a little more.
February 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Keri K's Avatar Veteran
Just try to think of the postives. You get to spend more time with Ahren and you made a lot of new friends that you can still keep in touch with
February 27th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks girls...I really need to see the positives right now. I WILL love being with my kids all the time again. Willow...there is no way I can work around the kids schedules especially in summer...they are home all the time. Oh well, I am hoping to leave on a good note so maybe I can go back in two years or so....I just feel so bad for the girls (and guy) I am leaving...it is a really bad time right now. *sigh* oh well...I just need to remind myself my family is NUMBER 1 in my life and I just can't do it all...I will love being back on here more!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
February 27th, 2011, 09:00 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I'm sorry Jessie :-( I've heard you say a couple times in the last couple weeks how happy you've been with having your job :-( But, when the sun is shining and it's GORGEOUS outside this spring, stop for a minute and think... "I could be going to work today instead of being outside"

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
February 28th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you have to tell them... that will be the hard part, I bet. Once that is over you will probably feel a bit better. Of course you were thriving- you are you, Jessie! I, for one, am soo glad you will be on JM more!

I was thinking about getting a job once Hope is in Kindergarten, but then quickly thought about summer and there is no way- and I don't want to give up my summer with the girls. Chris says I should enjoy my time with them too.

Let us know how it goes. Thinking of you... and your friends you will be leaving.

February 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM
megpie
Awww that's too bad. It was like you has the best of both worlds---part time work and still being able to be at home. That's what I would like, but have the summers off too..hahahaha! Sounds like you are really loved there, so you will be leaving on a good note and be welcomed back when you need to go back. Enjoy your last 2 weeks.
February 28th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Last edited by Allisonjuly; April 8th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.
February 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
~*Melanie*~
I will be very very happy to have you around more, I have missed you like crazy! But it really seemed like you were really happy there, so I know it will be hard. I am sure they will welcome you back with open arms whenever you are ready!

Yay for Derek on the new project, that is very exciting!
February 28th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Okay...well I am still at work and my manager said that she will work with me with whatever I need. So, I will be working Monday, Wed, and Friday 9-2...off tuesday and thursday, and then i will work 715am-115pm on saturday. This is perfect! SOOOOO I still will be working, but will have more time at home too. So happy right now!

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
February 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM
megpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jessie* View Post
Okay...well I am still at work and my manager said that she will work with me with whatever I need. So, I will be working Monday, Wed, and Friday 9-2...off tuesday and thursday, and then i will work 715am-115pm on saturday. This is perfect! SOOOOO I still will be working, but will have more time at home too. So happy right now!
....and a great boss too?? No wonder you don't want to leave!
February 28th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well good news!! I know you were really enjoying your job...so that's great that they are willing to accomadate you! Not many places do!

It will be nice to see you around JM more!
February 28th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh, that sounds PERFECT Jessie!!!! Yay for a great boss!!!

February 28th, 2011, 03:48 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessie, I'm THRILLED for you! I really am! Way to go!!
February 28th, 2011, 04:31 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome Jessie. Glad you get to have your cake and eat it too!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search