Burned out

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2011, 08:28 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I am BURNED out... badly, and have been for a long time. But I keep plugging away. I haven't slept more then 4 hours a night in many months. I am exhausted. And it sucks. Now the new stress added in and I am just not holding up well.

First it was Joey's medical schedule, then the BMT, now the post BMT phase. Added in homeschooling the kids, and now looking for work for either me or DJ and the stress over finances.

Plus now fighting to get Medi-Cal to approve Joey staying at City of Hope and Millers...

And of course the housework and kids fighting all the time.

I need a break... but that break will just have to wait. And I just needed to vent that I am burned out.
March 2nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so so so sorry When I saw that DJ had lost his job my first thought was your family is the last family that needs this. I can't even imagine

Vent away! You need to!
March 2nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
I'm so so so sorry When I saw that DJ had lost his job my first thought was your family is the last family that needs this. I can't even imagine

Vent away! You need to!
Joey's medical costs exceed $3000 a month. And thats not taking into account blood tests and any surprises that seem to pop up.

I asked his doctors what would happen if we can't afford his meds... the answer was not one I am willing to even think about. To say i am terrified is an understatement. Needless to say I will do anything and everything to get him his meds... but the fear of what this will mean...

We did not just spend 2 years torturing Joey to let him go now.
March 2nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
~*Melanie*~
I'm so sorry Traci, you are going through so much!!! Are there any hospitals in the are that will offer services for low-income families? I work at the University of Virginia and they offer services for low-income families-she didn't have health insurance when she got sick and it was never an issue (we were later able to get her covered under Medicaid) but we knew she would be taken care of.

I hope the Medi-cal works out. Is he eligible for any federally funded disability insurance?
March 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Traci. I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say... I can't imagine the stress you are going through. When will it end? I am praying for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search