Hello Everyone!

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Just popping in to say hi. This is Sue aka playwithlights. I don't think I know a lot of the people who are still here and a few of you I never lost touch with. I was reading old posts back from 2005 and it made me sad and also see how much I have grown up in the past 5-6 years. Crazy. For those of you who do know me and Gage, I will tell you a bit about him. He is in preschool right now because we decided to hold him back because of his birthday being only a few days from the cut off. We do see that it was best for him socially. He is really into drawing and he will be taking some drawing classes over the summer. Gage is extremely into monster trucks. We went to see Monster Jam in January and he thought it was the best thing ever.
I guess that is all I have to say for now. I hope all is well with everybody. I may stick around for awhile if that is okay with everyone.
March 2nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I remember you. I'm Chrystal. (I think I still had the same screen name back then?) Ben is my 5 y/o... he was the last one born in our DDC (Dec 1st). We're homeschooling him. Daniel is my 2 year old.
March 2nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to chelle2k
Good to see you Sue! Hope you stick around a while

I do remember you and Gage. It's really nice to have people come back who have been gone a while. Love to have updates on folks!
March 2nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
Oh my gosh...of course I know you and Gage! I wish we would not have lost touch over the past few years...but, I am so glad that we can catch up here and on Facebook. Gage sounds like he is doing great (Ahren likes drawing too)...we will need pictures of him. You have a little girl too right? Please stick around....and post with us!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
March 2nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
megpie
Hellosue! I think you were one of the firsts in our DDC?

What is your cut-off age for school? It's Sept 1 here, so Ava is in Pre-K.

Glad we connected on FB awhile back.
March 2nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Yes I was one of the first people here.

Our school cut off date is December 1st. Since Gage's birthday is November 22nd we figured it was better to just wait.

It won't let me post a picture on here until I have 10 posts, so when I get 10 I will post one lol
March 2nd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to chelle2k
Wow Dec 1st is such a late cutoff! Alex is Nov 22nd bday too! Our cutoff here is July 31st. So crazy how different it is---Megan and I are practically neighbors and look at the difference for our kids.
March 2nd, 2011, 06:18 PM
I have heard that they are going to be changing it here to Sept 1st but I have no idea when that will happen. It makes me question if I should hold my daughter back too since her birthday is October 2nd. I may not have a choice if they start doing that within the next 2 years. Do they offer all day Kindergarten where you are at?
March 2nd, 2011, 06:26 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our cutoff date is Sept 1st, but back when we went to school it was Dec 1st, and they moved it up a month at a time about 20 years ago.

BTW, Hi Sue, I was thinking about you the other night because I remember (for some reason) you saying you would sing Castle On a Cloud when you were pregnant. And now that is Gretchen's favorite good night song (I change Cosette to Gretchen)
March 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Sue, nice to have you back. We held my son TJ back too, our cut-off in CT is Jan. 1st. I heard CT is changing the date here too. I have been trying to find out more information about it because my second son is has an early Sept. birthday.

How old is your daughter?
March 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
I think you are thinking of someone else because I don't think I even know what that song is LOL

My daughter is 3 and her name is Gwen.
March 2nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
D - I don't remember anyone doing that. Now I'm curious who it was.

Cutoff here is either Sept or Oct 1st, depending on the school.
March 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Sue! welcome back... i definitely remember you, although I might have still been a lurker back when you were posting. I'm Janine. My daughter is Hazel.

Our cut off here is 9/1 so Hazel is in Pre-K (this is her 3rd year in pre-K)... she is beyond excited to start K next year.

Anyway, I can't wait for you to post a picture of Gage! And (a very late) congrats on your daughter! let's see that beautiful baby, too! I hope you stick around.
March 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hey Janine! We talked briefly back in the day. I need to check to see how many posts I have made to see if I can post pictures yet!

Last edited by hellosue; March 4th, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
March 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Look at Gage!!! OMG so handsome!!!! and Gwen is totally adorable. Love your Tom and Jerry shirts. Super cute!
March 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Thank you!! We had just gotten home from a Tom and Jerry themed birthday party so that's why we had those shirts on lol
March 3rd, 2011, 03:30 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Sue! I've never changed my username I'm now the mommy to 6!!! We have SUmmer, 11, Emma,9, Reagan, 5, our two boys passed away and Hannah is 6 months!

NIce to see you here again! Gage is SO handsome! Gwen's a looker, just like her mommy!! Congrats on a beautiful family!
March 3rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
Awww...Gage and Gwen are adorable!!!!!!!! And you look great too! SO glad to have you back on here with us!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
March 3rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok, it wasn't you, but you had posted in the thread it was in. Looking for Nursery Rhymes and songs

That's not too bad for it being almost 6 years ago.
March 3rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember you because I think you were our moderator back when we were pg? Or just super active.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search