Do you carry your youngest child around?

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 09:32 PM
megpie
I ask, because I've noticed my neighbors, friends, and moms from school---they tend to carry their youngest child around. I'm not talking about 0-2 year olds. I'm talking about 3, 4, 5+ year olds. Does this apply to you?

My neighbor next door carries her 4 year old around a lot. Another neighbor has a 4 year old and she is carried A TON. A couple of moms carry their 5 year olds to the car from the preschool classroom.

I guess it only surprises me, because I never ever carry Ava and Lucas around any more,because I'm always carrying Jude. I wonder if I would have carried Lucas more if I didn't have Jude???

It makes me think moms baby their youngest longer?????? Is there truth to this??? Do you "baby" your youngest????
March 2nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
I totally baby Gwen. I sometimes carry her around still, but not very often. I usually pick her up if I need to move fast and her legs just aren't quick enough for me lol. I would never carry Gage though. He would break my back!
March 2nd, 2011, 10:21 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I think there's some truth to it, yes. I do make Daniel walk as much as possible, but he doesn't weigh as much as Ben did, and he's more of a terrible 2 than Ben was, so I end up carrying him a lot.
March 2nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm trying to make my youngest walk, but darnit...she just is NOT catching on!!!

Looking into the future a bit, if she weighs around the same amount as her older siblings...no, I will not be carrying her chunky butt around. Evan is over 45lbs (haven't weighed him in awhile) at 3 years old and would kill by back.

March 3rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
No, I do not...he is 5 and he better walk on his own! Derek does carry him every once in awhile though. Ahren is SO small for his age, it is easy to forget he is 5.

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
March 3rd, 2011, 08:59 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I do carry Joey sometimes but mostly he walks. But then I also still carry Mel sometimes though not often.
March 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would carry Gretchen more, if I didn't have Phoebe and if she was smaller. Sometimes I carry her from the bus to the house just to be silly and she loves it. But she's HUGE.
I think I will probably carry Phoebe a bit more or at least pick her up more because at 2 she weighs less than Gretchen did at 6 months. I am just now letting her walk more, but NEVER in the store, because I don't want her to think she can. I am actually using my Ergo carrier a lot more lately with Phoebe on my back.
March 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
NO!! I haven't carried my boys for a long time....they are too big and heavy for me-and it just looks odd to me. But I do find that I baby my youngest!
March 3rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Because Nolan is so small I can still carry him and sometimes I will carry both him and Martin at the same time if I want to cross a parking lot quickly etc. I know I was not carrying Keaton and Nina when they were 5.
March 3rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
~*Melanie*~
Sara is only 2 and I still carry her a lot, but she always wants me to carry her-- except of course when I actually NEED to carry her and she wants to "do it myself", but she always insists I carry her when my arms are full and she will stand there and won't budge until I give in.
March 3rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
megpie
Ask me when Jude is 3...4...5 if I still carry him. I wonder if I will??? hehhee. He's my biggest/heaviest babe so far, so I don't know if my back can handle it! There's only a 4lb difference between the boys! Eeek!
March 3rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Keri K's Avatar Veteran
I don't carry Brynlee accept when she's extremely tired and doesn't want to walk upstairs to go to bed, like tonight
March 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 5 year old is my youngest, and I do still carry him some. During the daytime when I have the daycare kids here he has to walk, tho. He is only 40 pounds (not even quite 40, actually) so it is still pretty easy to pick him up and baby him. I'm sure I baby him too much.

March 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by megpie View Post
Ask me when Jude is 3...4...5 if I still carry him. I wonder if I will??? hehhee. He's my biggest/heaviest babe so far, so I don't know if my back can handle it! There's only a 4lb difference between the boys! Eeek!
There's only a 10 pound difference between Nolan and Martin but a 4 year difference! We've made jokes from day one that Martin will pass Nolan up in size one day Nolan is built like my dad and it happened with him and his younger brother!
March 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
~*Melanie*~
So funny that many of our babies are so big! There is a less than 10 lb difference between Alexis and Sara, yet they are 3 years apart! Alexis is tiny, she is the oldest in her class, but is the smallest!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search