What's your kids temprement like?

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alyssa's always been very sweet natured, kind and easy going, and a little bit over sensitive. BUT in the last 2 months or so she's became bad tempered, angry and really rude and stroppy. She's seriously like a different kid I used to love having her around as she was so pleasant but now it seems like she's being a little brat from the minute she gets out of bed. Anyone elses kids had a complete personality transplant?

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
August 15th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Since Keelan was born, Daniel seems to have gotten louder, more in your face. I just think he's trying to find his place again. He's normally very easy to deal with, compliant, sweet, quiet and entertains himself great!
August 15th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Karen you just described Samantha a lot of the time with me. She's been like that for quite awhile. I swear it's like puberty with her already. One minute, the sweetest most loving little girl, the next horrible!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
August 16th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both my kids are monsters lately. I think a lot of it for Connor has been summer boredom. It's just too flipping HOT to go out and do anything here. I'm soooo glad school has started back up, I'm seeing a vast improvement in him already. And Daniel starts tomorrow, YAY!
August 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abby's usually pretty easy going, but she can be reluctant to try new things. Josh is typically mellow but very active. Lately he's been a lot more fussy, but then again he's 2 so hopefully it's just that and not coming down w/ something.

August 17th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisa View Post
Karen you just described Samantha a lot of the time with me. She's been like that for quite awhile. I swear it's like puberty with her already. One minute, the sweetest most loving little girl, the next horrible!
I hate it. She has always been a very placid kid but now it's just like you say, she's like a teenager! I want my sweet kid back!

August 18th, 2011, 05:21 PM
momtobrandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
brandon is angry and bad tempered very aggressive too he is so impatient .
August 18th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Karen I keep telling her that I want that girl to leave and never come back. I was my sweet girl back! She's doing a little better since starting school, but she's tired more and that's when psycho kid tends to come out. Please, she's spoiled. That's my fault though.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
August 19th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Well after a day from hell on wednesday, i ended up smacking her, and then felt awful but she was being such a little bugger. Anyhoo I decided to do what they do at school. In reception and year 1 they have a huge cloud picture and a huge rainbow picture. Really good behaviour and your name/picture goes on the rainbow, really bad behaviour goes on the cloud. Needless to say at school she's been on the cloud twice in 2 years. So I made a miniture one yesterday, let her color it and we pinned it to the kitchen wall. She was an ANGEL all day! just proves that she knows when she's being naughty. She kept her temper in check and was polite and sweet. It's early days but we'll see how it goes.

August 22nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Thomas is so perfectly behaved when Collin isn't around or is minding his own business. Other than that.... He is super whiny and has an attitude like a 13 year old girl. He's really shy around kids he doesn't know and it takes him a while to warm up. He's petrified of speaking up if another kid does something he knows is wrong/mean. Yet, with kids Collin's age or smaller he takes on this mature, loving big brother role and helps others out. It's really sweet. Out of the house: He is super quiet, in the house..... oy!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 29th, 2011, 01:27 PM
SouleBaby's Avatar Lovin My Boyz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
Thomas is so perfectly behaved when Collin isn't around or is minding his own business. Other than that.... He is super whiny and has an attitude like a 13 year old girl. He's really shy around kids he doesn't know and it takes him a while to warm up. He's petrified of speaking up if another kid does something he knows is wrong/mean. Yet, with kids Collin's age or smaller he takes on this mature, loving big brother role and helps others out. It's really sweet. Out of the house: He is super quiet, in the house..... oy!
This is Warren! Except he is quick to run in and tell me about another kid being wrong/mean. Sometimes it's because his feelings were hurt or someone actually 'hurt' him physically; other times it's just to tattle.

I have seen throughout the summer that he has matured a lot! He still has his super whiny moments but they are more spaced out. I hope I didn't jinx that!!

Thank you GreysMom for my awesome siggy!!!!

August 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Connor's teacher is doing a red light, yellow light, green light system where if he's good all day (green) he gets $1 of "cougar cash" and at the end of the week they can spend their cougar cash on a goodie from a bag that the teacher has (just little trinkets, like spinning tops and such). If he's somewhat naughty (yellow), he doesn't get cougar cash for that day, and if he is scolded more than once (red) then he doesn't get to spend his cougar cash on Friday. It's working somewhat, but I doubt that it'll hold his interest for very long. We tried something similar at home for getting him to clean up his toys, I made a chart and each room was worth a sticker if he cleaned it without having to be reminded/scolded, and if he got enough stickers at the end of the week, I gave him a pack of Star Wars or Super Mario trading cards. He did good with it for about two weeks and then he didn't care anymore. *sigh*

They say that positive reinforcement and rewards is the way to go, but honestly, I've found that taking things away (toys, video games) and then making him earn them back is the only thing that really works for him, negative reinforcement or not.

We still haven't figured out what to do with Daniel. That kid is a firecracker! His teachers are even asking me how I contain that kid because they're stumped too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search