Hurricane Irene!

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Who else besides Kristen (MarineWife03), Ducks, Christine and me are in her path? Kristen should be getting hit soon. She's posted on Facebook that she and Allie are riding it out at home.

Update us when you can to let us know that you're safe!
August 26th, 2011, 05:58 PM
momtobrandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
getting ready for it winds should be around 70 miles per hour . and alot of rain going to be home witht he kids hopefully hubby can get home he has to go to work and stay late as for me I work til 1 sunday
August 26th, 2011, 08:28 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Um, Kim?

I hope everyone's staying safe. I've been through hurricanes before, and they are so scary!

August 27th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Isn't Cindy in NJ? If NY gets it she would probably get it too. She's about an hour away! Stay safe everyone.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
August 27th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Yep Cindy as well, her Governor has told residents to "get the hell off the beach" (That's the H word.

Everyone here on the coast has been evacuated, people on the islands 15 minutes away from me were forced to sign wavers if they didn't want to evacuate---saying that if **** hits the fan no one will come rescue them until the storm has passed and they had to list their next of kin in case they die. Yep, that's what was said on the news last night. People here are freaking out. It's supposed to be much worst than Hurricane Gloria which closed the state down for days, people lost power for a week or more in my area. Even if the storm does weaken we are still screwed since it's supposed to hit at high tide.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 27th, 2011, 03:55 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Yep...that's our lovely gov!

I'm set for a day or so without power. It's the high winds that scare me. I had to work today so Laurence go things all set up for us. Took all of our outdoor furniture in last night and drained the pool a bit so it won't overflow and collapse.

He went out yesterday and bought drinking water(it was only $3 for a case of Poland Spring!), soups, a hand powered can opener (we only have an electric one) and made sure we have a full propane tank for our grill. We have a gas stove in the house so the top burners can be used if we lose power but...we'd have dishes to do then.

We filled up the soaking tub in our bathroom to use for flushing toilets if we lose power. The kids are all set with flashlights, they've charged their dsi's and what-nots. We even put new batteries in these small halloween pumpkins we have to use as nightlights.

I've got my candles lined up and ready too! Took a nice long shower so I'm clean. Made sure the laundry was all done. Dishwasher is empty.

I think we'll be OK.

I hope everyone else will be safe as well.

August 27th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cindy you sure sound prepared!!! Hang in there everyone and update when you can.

August 28th, 2011, 08:05 AM
momtobrandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
big tree that hangs over our house came down this morning . miss the house dh had to go to work to make sure noone came in hour plus drive he is now home waiting out the storm he has to go back to open after 1. my work is closed we had our lights flicker and that is it we are lucky-
August 28th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
pictures to come... Here are a few...

This is the end of my street looking to the left. And the cause of our power outage..

Golf Course in New Haven, flag ripped in half..

This is the street my sister's mom and step dad live on, look way in the distance, blue house is leaning, a few were completely destroyed, some where actually FLOATING and so much has been lost to the long island sound..

Close up..

In that area^^people were actually looting despite the massive police presence.
Trees down like every 50 feet, tons of power lines down... My power went back on while we were driving around....

Added: That blue house is officially SLIDING INTO the ocean!

The nutty part is, when we go to the fireworks, we sit RIGHT NEXT to that house!!!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Last edited by MommaDucks; August 28th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
August 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh my gosh! I'm so glad you guys are all okay!

August 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
me too Chrisa!!! So far only 3 (i think) deaths reported in CT and 3 missing. (idiots out in the water....At least that's what our Governor called them lol)

August 28th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My storm photo's are here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1c66c1a&type=1
The album is public so all can view it.

This is Bailey last week on that wall...

Last edited by MommaDucks; August 28th, 2011 at 06:31 PM.
August 28th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People are LOOTING during this?
August 28th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pathetic right? People were breaking into evacuated homes during the storm, then were stealing scrap metal from the damage.

August 28th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know, I'm sure this will sound rather controversial to some, but I say just put a bullet in those bastards and be done with it. I'm serious. I don't like the fact that I have to share oxygen with this level of scum.
August 29th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
One of the cops wanted to do no-so-nice things to these people as well...

August 30th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh how awful

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
August 30th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Crazy pics Ducks! I'm glad everyone is safe. We got virtually no damage here. Some trees are down in some places, but we never lost power. We are pretty west of the state, though.
August 30th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Rachel, I was looking into your area, lol. The state will have more flooding today, the CT river is supposed to crest at high tide.

There is a video on my FB Wall a former classmate of mine put together, if you'd like to see:
Or go to this group and scroll down and look for the post made my D.J. Hops that says, "A QUICK SLIDESHOW I THREW TOGETHER WITH AUDIO CLIPS I EDITED TOGETHER AND ADDED SOUND EFFECTS TO WITH BACKGROUND MUSIC ALSO MADE BY ME.....PHOTOS FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES"

It has actual clips from the police scanners from Sat/Sun.

Lauren, you can view it that way as well, linking straight to the vid isn't working...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/258670230821009/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search