skiiing

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 05:44 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you live near any ski hills? Do you ski? Have you thought about getting your child into lessons?

We used to live near several in MI...Jesse took lessons as a young child. But here, no. We'd have to drive several hours. Far enough for it to be a overnight trip. Its too bad too because Drake isnt into sports but I could really see him digging Snowboarding....and of course what Drake wants...the others want!

December 2nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish! I've always wanted to try out skiing! BUT being that I live in AR I'll be lucky if I get to do that anytime soon Maybe by the time spencer is 10-12

December 2nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I live near a few ski hills. I don't ski but I do snowboard. Isaac actually asked if he could try snowboarding this year so we are going to do that on one of his days off in January. Not sure if we will do lessons or not.
December 4th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a ski hill about 20 minutes from our house, and we go just about every saturday in winter. It's small, but the upside of that is that we can just let the kids do their thing because you can see everything from the cafeteria. My bff and her family goes and my brother and his family, it's a great time. Dh and the older 2 snowboard, the rest of us ski. The mountains are 3 hours from here, plus it's expensive, so this is a great way for us to ski
December 4th, 2011, 06:07 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Nope! I suck *** at skiing.

Oh cmon, you can't say ***???
December 5th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've got a couple great skiing mountains nearby, one is about 45 mins away and the other is about and 90 mins probably. Mark and I used to go occasionally but haven't in the past few years. We've never taken the kids, although we talked about it a few times. Maybe we'll try it out this winter.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search