Vacations...?

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Does anyone have any vacations planned for 2012? Where are you going?

December 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we don't have anything officially planned yet. Jason is trying to make his sales number for the year at work, if he does then he wins a trip for two paid for by the company to coasta rica! We will see if he makes it. If not we talked about maybe going to DisneyWorld or at the very least going to the beach like we always do.
December 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohhh, Lisa! We just booked a vaca and it was between Costa Rica and Puerto Plata...I really really wanted Costa Rica but DH talked me out of it....it was pricier and we wouldnt have been able to stay as long...it looks like so much fun! I hope you get to go!

We are going to Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic for 10 days in Feb. I am nervous though becaues this is the first time that its not been MY parents watching the kids. DHs parents are more than capable...but they are much more strict...clean your plate, do this, do that, you didnt do it right, do it again, etc....the kids will probably be pretty crabby by the time I get home, whereas if its my mom...they dont care if I ever get home!
I think now that they are older though its harder to get somebody to watch them because they arent as little and cute.

December 2nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are leaving in 24 days for Florida and staying till January 3rd! So that is my 2012 trip. But I may also being going for my Global search for justice class to Europe for a two weeks in June (if I can get the finical funds to go)!
December 3rd, 2011, 07:50 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I want to take the kids to disney in the fall for their birthdays and mine and Jay's 10th anniversary trip. I'm trying to figure out the funds. Jay says we can go as long as we don't give up our annual cruise to go, so it looks like he is still planning on a little cruise in maybe March (if we can find someone that can make sure spencer gets to and from school during that time and allie to dance AND be willing to watch them for 5 or 6 days while we are gone). AND we just found out yesterday that Jay's boss is letting him have off 3 days so we can make a weekend trip down to Alabama for the godaddy.com bowl (football) LOL Our college team has been undefeated this year in their conference games and we plan to go down to watch that game I'm excited. I love going places!!! I get cabin fever being stuck at home all the time!

December 3rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to go to Disney. Doug and Lauren have never been. I think he would love it just as much as she would. I think the only thing we really have planned is going to my mom's for my high school reunion in September. I would like to do a little something but I just don't know how we would be able to afford it. We plan to use our tax refund to pay down our debt, get tires for my car and get Roxy's teeth cleaning/fatty tumor surgery. I hope we can save the rest if there's anything left. How do you guys afford your vacations? Do you plan them out ahead of time and save for a certain period of time? We really would like to start doing things like that too.

December 3rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Corey and I are going on the Disney Cruise at the end of March. I can not wait!
December 3rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we usually use our tax return. And we usually go someplace all inclusive. That way, what we pay up front...is all we HAVE to pay, we dont need to worry about spending anything above and beyond that if we dont want to. Not for meals, drinks, etc. I am a picky eater/drinker. If I dont like what they give me, I just order something else. And they dont even care!

And we have found, thats it actually much cheaper travelling like that than it is staying here in the US.

But we usually cash in pretty good with our tax return having 5 kids...maybe you need to have 4 more Carla! lol

December 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
haha...no

Thanks for the advice.

December 4th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We always go all-inclusive down south too. That's the only way we can afford to travel. Just the flight alone to anywhere in Canada/USA would cost us as much as the full vacation all-inclusive, then you'd have to add on hotels, transportation, activiites, food, drinks, etc.

This year we probably won't go anywhere. My car won't be lasting us too many more years so I'll be using my tax return to pay down debt and start saving for a new (used) car.

December 4th, 2011, 09:50 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For us we drive anywhere we go, so that definately saves us money. As for disney...I plan on getting a couple extra kids and saving that money so we can afford to go...or we might cash out some stock that Jay has been getting through work. I think he should have about $2000 by the time we want to go. The cruise we will pay for with our tax money. If you go in feb we usually find cruises for around $199/person+gratuities and tax which = about 250-275 each after everything is paid. Still really cheap for a vacation for almost a week! And when it comes to the weekend trip...I'm going to put it on a credit card Which I NEVER do! BUT, Jay wants to go really bad so even though we technically won't have the funds at that time we are going anyway

December 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
We're tossing around Disney or a cruise sometime in February. I'm nervous about the boat thing though lol Probably for our anniversary we'll go down to Atlantic City like we usually do. We *might* go to Hawaii again in early 2012 (he got invited to go to the second part of the conference from September), but I don't know - it's a super long flight, very expensive, and that's a lot of PTO to use for work.
December 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We'll go camping in the summer, but that's about it. Going away on a cruise/all inclusive resort is not a reality for us, (for the $$ and it's hard to leave our farm for any stretch of time) nor is it a priority. If anything we would take our kids skiing in the mountains, but I doubt it, I've got a new living room floor that's very high on my wish list.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search