January chat thread...

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2012, 07:13 PM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NN--how tragic!! So sad for them, especially the little girl's parents.

Carla--cheer for a roll over.

MM--sorry you have been sick. That is a long time to be under the weather. Your description of cottontail hunting reminds me of when dh took me pheasant hunting a long time ago with his hunting dog. It was really interesting. No one hunts rabbits out here to my knowledge, but there are lots of deer hunters. We live in such a small rural town that I actually overheard two fathers at preschool family Friday sitting around a craft table with their preschoolers talking about deer hunting...totally normal conversation here, but out of place in other localities. LOL.

LL--your party sounds so fun! I can't believe he is 4 already. What a cutie pie he is. I can't wait to check out your pictures...Sounds like a full house!! Did you invite his whole class, or is it just lots of familiy and friends?

I had a nice day today. We had a snowstorm all day, so dh and I made a double batch of apple pancakes and bacon. The boys went out to play in the snow, and I took a few turns on the sleds with them. I did a lot of baking: rosemary rolls, cinnamon buns, and a boule of white bread. I made a turkey veggies soup for dinner that just turned out soooo good. The boys went with dh to christen our new plow, and everyone was asleep by 8:30.

Tomorrow our neighbor boy who is turning 5 is having a party, and T and M are going. Then maybe I will take them to the inlaws. They have made a habit of taking them on Sundays for us which is a super nice break. Sometimes they even take all three.
January 22nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Time is flying!! A smurf party sounds perfect for him! I'm looking forward to some pics.

I feel crappy...head cold and period. The boys are loud and obnoxious...lol. Clara is in to anything. I am VERY slowly getting the house cleaned. I just want to lay on the couch and watch TV all day. David went to his mom's after work. The roads were bad and it was closer. He has to work again tonight, so at least he doesn't have to drive as far.

January 24th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
NN, hope you're feeling better. It sucks to be sick and have to deal with kids. Argh. So sad to read that story about the baby at daycare. How terrible for everyone involved.

Are you better now MM, sorry you haven't been yourself.

Willow, how is the snow going? Are the boys off school? I've been looking up soup recipes to try. Did you make yours up or do you have a link to a recipe??

LL, Lucas' smurf party sounds so fun! Bowling with that many will be a blast!

I'm sitting here doing a superhero puzzle with Aaren who is wearing a captain america mask and shield. He is superhero mad! Everyone at Riley's school knows him because he always goes to school in costume. He's such a funny wee guy. Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday.
January 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Awww Carla....so cute that he is obsessed with super heros!

The kids have been off school for four days......we are ALL ready for them to go back. Goodness!! Thankfully, I had to get out of the house today. Clara had her one year checkup and my two asthmatic kids (Nick & Evan) needed a flu shot. Em and Brady got the flumist through school, but people with asthma shouldn't use that....so they had to get the needle. The doctor was very happy with Clara's growth and all of her milestones she has reached. She's starting to talk more and more everyday. She has a great sense of humor. Oh...and let me tell you about this feisty little girl!!!! She was smacking at the nurse today! The nurse put the rubber tourniquet on her arm, and Clara lost it!! She was yelling at the lady in her little language. The nurse was so kind and patient. Then when the nurse was trying to find a vein, Clara started wacking at her. I'm not really mad. She's 1 and that crap hurts. After that BS, she was totally done with this poor nurse. She screamed her face off and kept giving her the stink eye. Oh goodness......I don't know where she gets that from?!?!

January 25th, 2012, 06:06 AM
~*Melanie*~
NN-- How terribly sad about your cousin and the baby, I can't imagine!!!!!! Ugh. so awful.

Carla-- so cute about Aaren! I love dress-up!

MM-- Are you feeling better?

LL-- how are plans for the birthday party coming along?

Carla and Willow-- you need to share some recent pics of the new babies! Give us some updates!
January 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol NN, your wee girl sounds like a little handful! Guess she is figuring out she has to stick up for herself!

I'm so bad at sharing pics. Actually I've been pretty bad at taking pics lately. Must get on to that. I've been trying to share a pic on each month birthday on FB.

I signed up Aaren for a tumbling class today. I've been feeling bad that I'm neglecting him. When Riley's home I'm busy helping him with homework and the rest of the time I'm busy with Finn. Poor wee Aaren gets left out. So I thought he needed something fun to do. The class was so cute, a bunch of 3 year olds running around. I wasn't sure he would like it, so I talked it up by telling him he was going to practice stunts so he could be a superhero.

Did anyone notice that you can now 'like' posts on here?? When did that start?
January 27th, 2012, 05:58 AM
~*Melanie*~
What are your plans for the weekend? Not much here-- Alexis is going to a birthday party-- her first one since Kindergarten started, she also has a play date with one of her friends from preschool- her social calendar is booming hee hee!!
January 27th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Awww Carla....I'm sure Aaren loves that! Poor middle child. I've felt this way about Brady too. I didn't notice the new "like" feature until MM just liked my response!!! Thanks, MM!

I have to go do journals for Nick's teacher. That is really it. I'm slowly trying to pull myself out of this funk and get the house back in order. My niece's 6th birthday party is Sunday. My sister is having it at a gym....so lots of climbing and jumping fun for the kids!!

January 27th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I didn't really want to put this here, but the hideout is sort of off limits right now....and I'm not posting it on the FB group. David and I have hit an extremely rough patch in our relationship. Actually, that's a total understatement. Some serious drama went down the other day and I gave him an ultimatum. I told him he had a week to set up an appointment for counseling. After about an hour, he came in from outside with tear stained eyes and had found a counselor. Our first session is Thursday evening at 7pm. We get 12 sessions free through an Army program. They said if we need more (pretty sure we will..lol), then we can ask for more (up to 24). Ladies, if this doesn't work, I feel as though I have no choice but to end my marriage. I'm angry, resentful, bitter, sad, devastated at the thought of this. I feel unimaginable guilt even thinking about how a break up would hurt the children......although I do understand that an unhealthy marriage is also damaging. I'm just SO sad.

January 27th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no Nicole!

First of all.... I don't think anyone here has met the criteria to post in the hideout lately - I won't be mad at ya if you want to.

Now, I am SO glad that you will be going to counselling. Is it with the chaplain? I know they do some sort of counselling... You sound like you've almost already given up, please don't. I am hopeful for you that counselling will be what you both need. You guys have been thru a lot and pulled thru. You can get thru this too. I'll be thinking of you... and hoping and praying it all works out. (((hugs)))
January 27th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Thank you, Carla. That means a lot to me.

It's actually some program through Army Onesource. I only know about it because David told me about it. They have different programs and marriage counseling is one of them. Honestly, I believe David also needs some individual help for PTSD. He is okay most of the time, but goes through periods where he has horrible nightmares of things from the past (from deployments). Some periods where I feel like I'm walking on eggshells and he will rage out of nowhere. I think medication may also be needed. He is really depressed.

I'm trying not to give up, but I know I can't just keep letting this happen. If this counseling doesn't work, then I feel like all it did was buy me time until the next blow up. This has to work! I have prayed and prayed that God will help us get through this. To help David and I get healthy and make our marriage work......so that our home and family can be happy and healthy. I know that no matter what, I will be okay, but it's going to be a LONG road either way.

January 28th, 2012, 10:31 AM
megpie
O.m.G Nicole I'm so sorry to hear that there are serious issues going on in your marriage.

I'm here to support you.

Glad you have counseling....and that it's free. KUP on those sessions.
January 29th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the support ladies. David went to stay at his parent's house for awhile. We will see how things go after the therapy appointment on Thursday. We may have to separate for awhile until we can get to the point that counseling is working.

Today is my niece's birthday party in Pennsylvania. It's at a gym with all kinds of things to climb and bounce on. The boys are going to love it. Emily and Nicholas have spent the weekend at my sisters, so I will take the other three up soon for the party.

I'm trying to get the house cleaned up before we leave. I've given up on the kid's rooms for now. I just don't have the fight in me to get them to clean right now..haha. Just one load of laundry and a bathroom left. Need more coffee.

January 29th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just popping in to say Hi. I have something to share (and have for a couple weeks now), but don't want to on the main board or on FB too. Is there anyway we can get the password changed and given to the active people in this room as of right now?

NN....I'm so very sorry to hear you and David are having problems. I hope that the therapy can help. Can you talk to him about getting individual help? Does HE see it or feel it? That has got to be so hard for everyone....
January 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nicole, it must be tough on you having David gone, having all the kids to take care of. I'm so sorry it's come to that. I really really hope that counselling will make a world of difference for you guys. Hang in there. (((hugs))) Hope you have fun at the party and it takes your mind off things for a while.

Andrea, Lindsay is the only one listed as host right now so you will probably have to pm her to get the password changed - I agree it's probably time it was changed and given to the currently active members. I'm curious as to what your news is, hope it's good news!!

We have the landlord over right now replacing our garbage disposal - I turned it on the other day and water sprayed everywhere! It has a big crack in it.

Poor wee Finn is teething right now and has a cold and is super hoarse and croaky. Now he's gotten mild diarrhea which I'm thinking may just be from the teething? Poor little guy, he's finally taking a nap.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
January 29th, 2012, 07:05 PM
NN-- I hope that things can be worked out with you guys. At least he agrees to the counseling, that is the first step right? I can totally identify with your "long road" comment. ((HUGS)) to you.

Andrea--I hope everything is ok.

Carla, Matthew is teething something fierce right now too. I kept thinking his fever has to do with the teething, but now I think he is just sick. He wouldn't sleep all day today...He is still restless even now at 9:45. he wants to sleep on me i guess so now i am typing one handed.

I got nothing done today. I really needed to go grocery shopping but because dh was busy trying to get our sauna up and running i would have had to go out with all three boys, and iy just seemed too hard. I didnt have the energy.
i hate starting the week feeling behind.

Dh had a friend come to visit today, He shared with dh that his 18 year old son had made him a grandfather. Not just once but twice. Yikes. Talk about life changing. Supposedly one girl lost the baby, and the other is due in June. When I hear this sort of thing, I think about how I will address the "bird and the bees" with my boys, and how we can just pound into their heads that they will wait until they are in their 20s, settled, and with the "one" before they have children.

TJ looked at me tonight and told me that he thinks that we are Santa. !!! What!!! He is logically thinking through it all and explained his thoughts, and I didn't lie to him directly, but I did say when he said that it was us, "that is not so fun to think is it?" We left it at that.
January 29th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I have more to share on the David issue, but I will wait until the hideout is available.....nothing terrible/bad. I just think I should continue this there.

Andrea, I hope it's a GOOD secret????

Carla...so sorry he isn't feeling well. Teething is awful. I always felt so helpless. Mine always got the nasty "teething poops" too. Have you given him the teething tabs yet?

Willow...I totally hate that feeling of starting off a new week and feeling like you didn't accomplish anything over the weekend. Totally stinks! I can't believe the kid knocked up not one, but two girls!!! YIKES!!!! I'm totally terrified of the boys being all "teenage-horned up-boy like." Probably more so than I am of the girls. Oh........and what does Mr. TJ thing he is doing by growing up and double guessing Santa?!?!?!

The kids had a blast at the party tonight! I really wish I could afford to put them in gymanstics. They even had a zip line! I laughed so hard watching Brady. Lord knows I love Brady so much, but that child is SO not coordinated!!! He got half way across and just, "splat" right on the mat! He wasn't hurt though and did it again. I tried posting pics here, but they were huge. I was tagged in them (from sister's camera). They are on my FB wall.

January 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM
~*Melanie*~
Am I missing something on the hideout?? I really hate that you guys need to talk privately and feel like you can't!

NN-- you have my #, call or text me ANY TIME.

NN- I want to put the girls in gymnastics too, they really weren't crazy about dance but I think they would LOVE gymnastics, but it's soo expensive!

Willow-- have you tried your sewing machine yet?
February 2nd, 2012, 06:50 AM
Melanie, your question prompted me to actually open the box and get out the directions...Oy, so confusing... I need to just set it up and go to it...

I am home today for the second day with sick boys, although, they are not so sick...Strep has bsically become head colds. They just woke up and are watching TV, so I am going to sneak in my shower while Matthew sleeps.

Here is a little update on Matthew. He is 7 1/2 months already, and he is sitting up like a champ. He is pretty close to crawling, and he just needs to figure out how to move his arms forward. He is wearing 12 month clothing, and seems to be following the same growth curve as his brothers--around 22 lbs I think. He is a very happy baby. He points to my nose when prompted, feeds himself cheerios and bread, and loves to jump in the jumparoo and exersaucer. He says Dada, and is making new sounds every day. He adores his brothers. I will put up a video today on Facebook if you want to check it out. He still sleeps with me, and is still nursing. I am trying to hold on to the memories of all my time with him since he is my last baby.
February 2nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
~*Melanie*~
I love that age Willow-- everything is so much fun because they are learning so many new things!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search