January chat thread...

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if there's anyone out there to chat with (echo...echo...echo...) but these threads can be good if you don't have time to post in the other threads but want to keep up. So here goes...

Weekend plans anyone?

Brad has a 4 day weekend which is nice as the boys are starting to drive me CRAZY
All of my boys have colds right now - even wee Finn. I think he may have croup. It's kinda miserable.

We have to go pick up Riley's glasses from the store today. They were getting fixed. Yesterday I picked him up at school and his teacher hands me his other pair in a ziplock bag - he had snapped them in 2! So both pairs out of action. He's already complaining of headaches without them. Hopefully both can be fixed under warranty. He is so rough with them!

Hope everyone had a happy week.
January 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh geez Carla....so glad Brad has a long weekend. That really does stink about the glasses. Brady has messed up both of his at the same time, and yes...headaches. I hope they can get replaced/fixed quickly. I use to lay Brady down with warm wash rags on his eyes. So sorry they all have colds. I really hope it's not croup. Mine have had that too many times and it's awful. This time of year makes me nervous with the possibility of RSV and croup.

I wanted to thank you ladies for getting this going again! JM has been giving me a fit yesterday and today (not loading). I am trying!!!

Today is an early dismissal day, but pre-k still has school (just an hour and half of school). Seems a little ridiculous to take him that amount of time, but I still do it...haha. I had to cancel another appt today because there just wouldn't be time to get him to school. He goes in early since it's a half day. After I drop him off, I have to do writing journals for Nick's teacher. Must be out of there by 12:30 to pick Evan up. THEN, dash to the store to get the stuff to make cupcakes for my niece's baptism on Sunday. THEN, dash to the mall to look for a gift for her. Oh.....and Brady has been begging me to pick up a DS game from TRU for him (with his GC). He bribed me with hugs and kisses today. My house is a disaster............I need a clone.

January 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow NN, BUSY!! That's the kind of day that would have me tearing my hair out - don't know how you do it!

Anyway, yayness - both pairs of glasses are repairable under warranty! You should have seen the look on the girls face when I went to pick up pair 1 and pulled a pair 2 out of my purse in 2 pieces.
January 13th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Oh...it's exhausting, but I'm the only adult around here that willingly does things without being forced. I couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled in the driveway and saw David in the backyard carrying the Christmas boxes to the shed. Yes, they have been sitting for well over a week. I still believe that is record time for him.

OMGosh....I can only imagine their faces!! I have become a pro at bending the glasses back in to shape, but there are some times when that just won't do (like when they are snapped in half...lol). David's cousin works at the doctor's office that we take the kids to. She has helped us out tremendously. When Brady temporarily lost her glasses, I mentioned it on FB. Within a week she called me and told me to come pick up his new pair! She checks his glasses at family parties and even replaced the nose pads last time. I have a bag of them now....he seems to lose them all the time too. Ugh! I'm just glad he hasn't had to patch yet.

So, just a bit ago, I was changing Clara in her room. I put her PJs on and laid on the floor to play with her. I fell asleep right in the middle of her room! It was only a few minutes. Thankfully, Clara didn't leave the room. Ever since my period has returned, I get SOOOO incredibly exhausted right before my period. It's like I'm 1st trimester pregnant!!

January 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know all about glasses snapped in half. That has happened to a couple of TJ's. I need to get him another pair of glasses, just as a back up. He is wearing his back up now.

I have been sick these past two days. I imagine I picked up strep at work. We have the kids use shelf markers when they look for books, so that they can put the book back where it belongs. Ugh...think of all the germs on those markers that I hand out every day. Yuck. Thankfully my fever never went much over 100, and the sore throat could definitely be worse, so that is a mercy. I just hope my boys don't pick it up from me. The amoxicillian is making my stomach upset unfortunately.

I had my annual OB exam yesterday and got a pamphlet to share with Dh about getting a vasectomy. I will never get an IUD because of what happened to my friend. II am so done with taking pills. am also really bad about them. With the mini pill you are supposed to take it at exactly the same time every day, and I often forget. I have forgotten a day later too. Good thing I don't have my cycle back, but I think it is coming soon. Matthew is eating food much more regularly, and nursing less, so I need to be careful.

I am still hoping to leave early Sunday morning for my Mom's night away. I can't wait to see my friend, but I am dreading the drive. I am hoping that Matthew handles it ok. The other two I am not worried about.
January 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM
megpie
Jude turned two last weekend. We had a snowman b-day party for him. That night I got sick and am STILL sick. UGH. Ava woke up this morning with a full body rash. Took her to the drs this morning and she has a strep rash with NO other symptoms--no fever, sore throat etc. So odd. She's totally playing and acting just like herself.
DH is taking Lucas hunting in the morning. Lucas' first time ever. Eek, I'm a bit nervous about it.
January 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Oh geez!!! I hope you two feel better soon!!!

Willow, I hope Matthew does well for your roadtrip!

MM, his first time hunting?! That's big time!

I was washing clothes for church tomorrow and the electricity in the laundry room tripped a switch. So it never did finish washing. I am going to be a monster tomorrow morning.

January 16th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Good morning ladies! I am still having MAJOR problems with the power outlets on my laptops. The one won't charge at all and the one I'm on is rigged so the charger stays in....and I have to push really hard on it. David was suppose to take it to his friend, but that never happened. Much like everything David promises to do...never gets done. That's a whole different post in itself though. Hideout kind of stuff, but since I'm a believer in the hideout guidelines and haven't met them, I won't post there. Anyway, if I'm not around for awhile (again) it's because this laptop finally crapped out on me. I'm actually researching affordable laptops for the kids. We were thinking about getting them one as a group gift for Easter. They may get it sooner....lol

January 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM
David's friend let me use his old laptop until mine are fixed. I have no idea when that will be. However, not sure how much I'll be around. This is VERY old and VERY slow.

Need to go do my taxes today...just want to sleep.

January 17th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sheesh NN, sounds like you are having some electrical/technological issues! Glad you have a laptop so you're not completely out of touch. We'd miss you!

I need to do my taxes too - some extra $$ would be very nice! I mentioned on FB that we finished paying off our truck - $450 per month for the last 6 years. DONE! So happy!! We got the title in the mail today, best feeling in the world.

All 3 boys are in bed and quiet. Ahhhh. Actually THIS is the best feeling in the world. lol.
January 18th, 2012, 05:47 AM
WooHoo....congrats on the final truck payment! I bet that feels like a HUGE weight off your shoulders. Boy do I know that feeling when the kids have finally quieted down for the night. We filed our taxes yesterday and was very happy with the amount we will get back....it will definitely help with some bills. Need to get Evan a new bed.

You guys will not freaking believe what happened to me last night!! I was sitting here typing away on the computer when a bug crawled out the hinge part of the laptop. A freaking BED BUG!!! I flipped the heck out and had David grab a trash bag. He quickly tied it tight in a trash bag and took it outside. He texted his friend (the one we borrowed the laptop from). His friend is freaking out and checking his house. I'm thinking the laptop wasn't in my house very long....less than 24 hours. I have total fear of bed bugs and infestations. Ugh.....I can't believe the crap that happens to me sometimes. So now my MIL is lending me her mac laptop...so much nicer (and bug free)

January 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You had me motivated to start my taxes NN and the military W-2s aren't out yet. Boo. I'll have to start next week.

Yuck on the bug! How do you know it is a bed bug? Ick, hope he didn't bring any friends.

Finn finally rolled over today! He has been much slower than my other 2 so far - milestone wise. Now he won't stay still and diaper changes have been a battle all day. So cute tho.

Have we scared everyone else off NN?? Where is everyone ??
January 18th, 2012, 08:21 PM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there. I made it over that **** George Washington Bridge finally. My ride back was NOT fun. I have never seen a tour bus moving across a line of traffic at a toll station before. I also saw a guy trying to back up in the parking lot of cars I was sitting in to get on the bridge. It was a stressful drive. I finally stopped once i got to CT and fed the baby. He cried a bit, which drives me crazy when i am driving. TJ was an awesome helper. My almost 4 hour drive turned into an almost 7 hour drive. We got home at 9:45 on Sunday night. Thankfully there was a snow delay the next morning so the boys got to sleep in.

My friend and I had a great meet up. We stay at a really nice resort/marriott/spa and we always say how we wish we could go there without the kiddos to enjoy the spa. One of these days!

MM: the snowman party sounds really fun. I am curious about the hunting with your Dh. Was he legally hunting? and what did they do? I think here in CT they have to be twelve, but I think they can go with him before that...Not sure. How did he do? I am wondering if my boys will join Dh in hunting. I am guessing TJ will, and maybe Michael won't. Michael refuses to eat the turkey we raised, and he was really upset with the fact that we were eating them. He might be my little vegetarian.

NN: Glad to hear the buggy laptop is gone! That is gross. I hope the one bug was the only one!

Carla, Yay for the roll over! And the truck pay off.

We just bought a truck so now we are locked into a $300 month payment and it sucks. I hate having car/truck payments. You can do a lot with $450!

I love how babies are after the 3 mo. mark when they start getting a little personality. How is the nursing going?

Matthew is eating all sorts of food now. He is just 7 months and feeds himself pieces of bread which he LOVES, and he had a couple of cheerios for the first time tonight. I don't remember the other two having that ability this early, but maybe my memory fails me. Do babies usually have that pincher grasp at this age?
I am still pumping at night and again in the morning to make him a 5 oz. bottle a day. He hasn't been drinking it all now that he is eating food, but I am afraid to drop the pumping session just in case he does. There are a few days when he will take the whole bottle.

TJ got his first note home this past Friday. In teacher talk it was a nice way of telling us that he was being really silly and making her job harder. Because we are both teachers, Dh and I can totally read behind the lines. Apparently he is being silly enough that she is having to move his seat so that he doesn't distract others...We laid the law down for him over the weekend, and his screen time will be determined by her report of his behavior. Hopefully this straightens him out. I won't tolerate him acting out at school. I have had way too many of those kinds of kids, and I don't want him to be like that.

Well, I am off to bed, but I wanted to check in. I will stick around, but I probably won't be able to post every day. I will read on my phone though.
January 18th, 2012, 09:53 PM
megpie
Oy taxes. Enough said.

I hate car payments, but it IS the greatest feeling EVER to have it paid off!

I'm wanting to go to bed....like 2 hrs ago....and can't. I took a Melatonin and I'm STILL waiting for it to kick in. I went to bed before 10pm two a couple times this week and here am at midnight wide awake. Argh.

Willow--it's so cute to watch babies first feed themselves and they get so excited about it. Your baby...Carla's baby...they are getting older so quickly....I feel like I've lost touch with everyone ...thru JM and FB and those babies will be teens in a blink of an eye!

Oh and the hunting...it's legal here...you only need a license if you are 16+. Those that are below that age can hunt with a licensed hunter. Lucas went with DH and his dad on a private farm. They went cottontail hunting. DH and his family usually just hunt pheasant, quail, and turkeys. Lucas was basically learning the ropes(no gun of course)....how to walk along side DH, kick up brush, etc. It was so warm that day --upper 60's??? they didn't see one rabbit. Only a couple of deer. Overall it was a good experience for him and he is STILL talking about it.
January 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM
~*Melanie*~
HI girls! I need to read and catch up with all of you! I am a slacker. MM-- happy to see you here, you've been JM and FB quiet-- I've missed you!
January 19th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Willow your drive sounds insane! My boys couldn't handle that at all. They are terrible travelers. So glad you had fun with your friend - sounds awesome. I don't remember my boys eating much at 7 months. I've been kinda conservative as far as when I start them on solids tho. Introducing those first foods is fun. Our doc suggested that I start Finn already and it might help him sleep longer at night (right now we are still doing 3-4 hours max, ugh). But I think I'll wait a while longer. Nursing is still going ok, has it's ups and downs. We've had so many issues so I'm just happy that I'm still hanging in there.

MM, you do'nt sound like yourself. Have you been having insomnia or was it just a bad night? Brad would love to take Riley hunting - it's not my thing at all tho. I guess it's good to be self-sufficient.

Good to see more of you ladies around the last few days. I miss keeping up with you all!
January 19th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Willow...sorry the drive was hellish! I'm glad you had a snow delay the next day. It is fun to watch the babies discover new foods/taste. Clara also has an obsession with bread. Every morning, I give her a piece of whole wheat toast and milk while I get the other kids ready for school.

MM...so sorry to hear about your sleep problems. I'm having issues too. I've looked into the melatonin. Do you recommend it? Also, I'v heard of people trying it with kids, but all I can find in the store are the pills for adults. I think it would be very helpful for the boys. So cute that Lucas is still excited about his hunting trip. I'm sure he LOVED having some quality time with his daddy too!! David is so not the hunting/camping/manual labor kind of guy, but my BIL is into ALL of that. He told Nick when he is older he will take him. I told Nick (the picky eater) that he can only hunt if he eats what he kills. LOL...well, looks like he won't be going for quite awhile.

Miss you, Mel!!!!!

Carla...good for you for sticking with the nursing! I hope the boys have been nice to you. I know there are days when I feel like running away.

I got great news the other day about the kid's school. It was one of six MD schools selected as a Blue Ribbon School!!! We now go up against other schools in the nation. It just makes me realize that all the hard work David and I have done to get our kids in this neighborhood and stay was worth it......it certainly isn't cheap...lol Tomorrow, the "Raven's caravan" is visiting the school for a pep rally to get the kid's excited about the playoff game on Sunday. Cheerleaders, "Poe" the mascot and the pep band will be there. The kids are so excited!!!

Clara is getting so big/grown SO fast. She is starting to talk. I hope these few words means we won't have the same extreme speech delays that Nick had and Evan still deals with. She has been saying "Mama" for quite awhile. She started saying "baby" earlier this week...she loves her dolls. Today, she learned "drink!!" Her smile makes me (and everyone around her) just melt! Definitely makes up for her getting into EVERYTHING!

I volunteered for Evan's class today. Tomorrow, I have to do reading journals for Nick's teacher. So, looks like the house will sit again tomorrow. It is a disaster! I feel like no matter how hard I clean, it's destroyed by bedtime. I know I have a lot of kids, but come on!! I can not live in disorder. It really gives me SO much anxiety. We are suppose to have some icy/snowy weather. That should give me some time to get it done this weekend. Although, my period just started and I really don't feel like doing anything.

January 20th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I got some really sad news today.... David's cousin and her husband have run a home daycare for years. I kept seeing all these sad post on her FB wall. I couldn't figure out what was going on. My MIL tried calling her mother, but it was going straight to voicemail. I just talked to the cousin today on chat. She said that last Wednesday, one of her daycare kids (8 month old baby girl) was napping in the living room. She went to check on her and the little girl was dead. At this point, they are saying it was SIDs, but there will be an autopsy to see if there was an underlying disease. His cousin is a mess. She said she can't go in her living room and is suddenly afraid of the dark. She has started seeing a therapist to work through anxiety attacks. The daycare kids are still coming everyday and she said having the distraction of caring for them and noise of the kids is comforting. We didn't get to chat long. It was this morning, she had her daycare kids and I was getting the kids off to school. There is still so much I don't know.

I can't imagine seeing that. I can't fathom calling the mom and dad!!! My heart is aching for those parents and for our cousin. Her and her husband are great people. Very spiritual, positive and loving people. One of those people that is so positive that you sometimes wonder what sort of happy pills they are on. They have three kids of their own. The youngest is their only girl and has Downs Syndrome. They work together with the daycare (I'd kill David). Just really, really great people.

Just so so sad for all of them........

January 20th, 2012, 06:45 AM
megpie
OMG that gave me chills. Just awful! I can't imagine your cousin making that call or the parents receiving that call. Awful. Wow, KUP.

NN-I do recommend the Melatonin. It usally works for me.

Carla--I"ve been sick for about 8 days so I haven't been myself.
January 21st, 2012, 06:14 PM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in! WOW Nicole, that is SOOOO incredibly sad. Seeing a child that way is devastating, and not expecting it and then having to deal with calling the parents and police, OMG. I cannot imagine.

Lucas' birthday party is this Friday. His birthday is a week from tomorrow. How did 4 years go by already??? He is sooooooooooo excited too. We are having a smurf bowling party and despite a 2-4 timeframe we will probably have about 18 kids and near 35 people! everyone loves my little guy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search