LL!

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By megpie
  • 1 Post By *Lindsay*
  • 2 Post By *Carla*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2012, 06:18 PM
megpie
How is Lucas doing in preschool????

Update us on him!
*Carla* likes this.
January 27th, 2012, 05:51 AM
~*Melanie*~
Bump!
January 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hiya girls! Thanks for asking about him!

Lucas really loves Co-op. There is nothing to dislike, really. The teachers are phenomenal, they do fun art projects, play fun games, and just have FUN! He says he doesn't his like his teachers and doesn't want to go when trying to get out the door, but once we are there, he goes and hugs them tight and runs in the room/playground. And when I go to pick him up, he never wants to leave, it is ALWAYS a fight. So, he loves it. He is one of the biggest kids in the class and just keeps growing on me. He is in 5 pants and 5T/5 shirts and size 12-13 shoes. I even bought a pair of 1 Nike shoes for later, and I put them on him the other day because he was complaining of his other shoes hurting him. He loved the new ones! Holy big boy.

We are getting out of naps and usually only sleeps 2-3 days. He does soccer Monday and Friday afternoons and right now is in Basketball Tuesday's until the end of February, and then I am going to put him in to some swim lessons. Activity is key for him. I know a lot of parents think the world of their kids, but he truly is a natrual athelete. He picks up on things realtively quickly, and for the most part, wants to play the game and not get distracted by his friends during sport time. Hopefully that continues.

When he isn't active, we see a lot more acting out, and physical behaviors. He is seeing a counselor, but will post more about that in the hideout. It is going well and he LOVES her, which is really great.

We are hoping to get him into the 4 day 4's class next year, but it is based on a "lottery" and there are a lot of kids going into that lottery. I am worried he won't get it and the only other option is a 4 year old afternoon class 3 days a week, which I don't think is ideal for him. I need to keep the consistency there for him. More on that in the hideout too.

Overall, Lucas James is such an amazing kid. He does NOT stop talking. I mean, ever. I have to remind myself to be grateful for that. I think he is making up for all that Sydney couldn't say. Apparently that was a lot.

He misses her so much, and still does not understand she isn't coming home. We talk about it when he needs to. I am so grateful for him. I think I would be institutionalized without him to keep me going and sane (most days).

There is the majority of the Lucas summary!
megpie likes this.
January 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Overall, Lucas James is such an amazing kid. He does NOT stop talking. I mean, ever. I have to remind myself to be grateful for that. I think he is making up for all that Sydney couldn't say. Apparently that was a lot.
This is so cute.

He sounds like a wonderful little boy, you are lucky to have him, and he is lucky to have YOU! <3
~*Melanie*~ and *Lindsay* like this.
January 31st, 2012, 06:12 AM
~*Melanie*~
Quote:
I love this too!!! During the short time I met him, I knew immediately there is something very special about him!!!
February 1st, 2012, 09:09 PM
megpie
So glad to hear he's loving school!!!!

That's good you're keeping him busy with sports, LL---and it keeps you busy too!!

Your Lucas is bigger than my Lucas!!
February 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow...what a sweet BIG boy you have there LL! Sounds like he's keeping you busy, which is a good thing!I'd love to see some pics from his b'day!
February 5th, 2012, 07:30 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's an amazing kid! It sounds like you found the perfect combo for him....he thrives on that routine/structure/activity.

(heading to the hideout to read)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search