Answering the telephone

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
megpie
Are your kids allowed to answer the telephone?
February 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Only if the caller ID says it's dh or grandparents.
February 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't have a landline, but Riley can answer my cell if it's Brad. Otherwise, no, I don't let him.
February 10th, 2012, 08:45 PM
megpie
Ava's called 911 TWICE, soooo she can't touch the phone unless I tell her to.
February 11th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^Yikes MM....did the police call or come?

The kids can answer the phone if it's Dad only. They've answered a couple times when it's a telemarketer....I didn't mind...., it was a short conversation!!
February 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM
megpie
Yes, cops came both times...the first time, Ava was 4 years old and the police called right back. I talked to them at told them it was my daughter. THey were like OOOOHHHH OK. We were headed out the door for a doctor's appt and I didn't think they would come. When we got back home we saw footprints in the snow all over our yard and all around the perimeter of our house (like they were looking in our windows?????)

Then, Ava did it again this summer. I.was.livid. I talked to the police on the phone and they said they were on their way. I told Ava to get on the front porch, because SHE would be talking to them, not me. She knew I was pisssed and she went right to the front porch. As soon as the police officer walked up, I went out there and Ava started talking to him saying, "I"m sorry. I don't know why I called 911." The officer was ultra-LAME. He just said, "OK, you learned your lesson, right?" I was thinking ohhhhHELL no. I stepped in and explained to Ava why we don't call 911 when it's not an emergency and how we're taking away the police officer's time in helping others that really need help. yada yada and then the officer says, "Yes, that. You won't do it again, right?"
February 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hahahahahaha MM......way to teach Officer Lame-O how to respond to these situations. OMGoodnes....I would die of embarrassment.

I don't have a landline, just the cell. They don't answer it, but if I'm not around when it rings, they run it to me so I can answer.

February 12th, 2012, 08:08 PM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
MM- what a funny story. I hope she learned her lesson the second time. Officer Lame-0 <--LOL

The boys don't answer the phone unless I tell them to.

I mostly use my cell, and TJ would be the only one who would be able to figure it out.

Funny thing happened tonight though with the phone. Matthew woke up right at story time, and I told the boys to sit in their beds with books while I settled him back to sleep. When I came back into the room 5 minutes later, Michael is in his bed with the phone, and when I went to take it away, he tells me he is talking to Grampy! Sure enough. Last week TJ asked me for their number, and apparently in those five minutes he had called them. I guess all of the numbers he transcribed backwards didn't stop him. LOL!
February 13th, 2012, 09:08 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I allow the kids to answer the phone although my 05er really isnt all that interested in doing so.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search