Easter Baskets

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 04:15 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Have you started buying stuff for them yet? What are you getting this year? Will they have the same basket?

March 19th, 2012, 06:16 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
My mom bought her a trampoline (good lawd). My entire family's coming down for Easter this year, unanimously decided our house was the spot to be, so I have to cook too. Ack.

I'm not sure what I'm going to put in the basket. She wanted this swimming doll thing, but when I checked Amazon it was $40, and I don't see myself spending that money on something she'll lose interest in so quickly lol I hate giving just candy, but we also don't need any more random crap.
March 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have had the same baskets since Allie was 1 and will continue to use them every year until they fall apart They are nice and have an embroidered easter design on the cloth lining.

For spencer...I got a used DS game the other day for $4, so i'll put that in there with a little bit of candy and maybe a shirt or something like that. I might also put a couple of books in his basket to help fill it up a bit

For Allie...I'm going to get her a couple of nightgowns (she has just discovered these and has decided she no longer wants the pjs that have shorts or pants with them ) and a pink soccer ball...and then a little bit of candy.

March 20th, 2012, 05:10 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we do candy, other snacks like cookies and pringles...and maybe they'll get new squirt guns or something like that. We dont go overboard on Easter.

March 20th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah we don't really do gifts at Easter either, unless it's just some small spring outdoor stuff like bubbles, sidewalk chalk or a jump rope. Otherwise we just do the egg hunt in the house and I think their baskets are still solid from last year.

March 22nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have personalized baskets from LillianVernon.com, so we use the same ones every year. We don't usually go CRAZY on Easter, some candy, some bubbles, some chalk, etc. I usually get them each a new hat (like a baseball cap from ON or TCP or something). Might throw some water balloons in this year, and some of those big squirty things from the $ store.

Sometimes I've gotten them sunglasses, and/or flip flops. Sometimes if Davey wanted a certain DVD we'd put it in his basket. (like one year he was OBSESSED with The Fox & The Hound so the bunny brought him T/F&T/H 2).

Last edited by Kelly; March 22nd, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
March 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
I picked up The Muppets Movie yesterday and some cheap summer stuff like what some of the rest of you get.. chalk, bubbles, etc. I may get Happy Feet 2 to even things out.

March 28th, 2012, 06:43 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went and did ALL our easter shopping today I ended up getting them more than I originally planned, but it was all stuff I was going to get them for this summer anyway

For allie - a new swimsuit, 1 nightgown, bubbles,sidewalk chalk, a pink soccerball (she is starting soccer for the 1st time this week), a chocolate bunny, and some jelly beans to put in some easter eggs

For spencer - a new swimsuit, a used DS game(that I'm going to hide in an egg...I want it to be a surprise when he opens it), a water toy...you hook it up to the water hose and it sprays water everywhere, chocolate bunny, colorbook, silly putty, and some jelly beans in the rest of his easter eggs.

Oh yeah, and I want to get them each some sunglasses when I go to dollar tree, just haven't had a chance to get over there yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search