Neighbors

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
How often do you talk to your neighbors? Are they generally good neighbors or do they drive you batty? Do you have any exceptionally interesting neighbors? I'm thinking like The Burbs here. lol

March 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Let me tell you what happened the other day:

Went to work in the AM. Took PTO and went on an interview in the afternoon. Went home. Husband's gone for a week on business. After grabbing Julia from the bus stop (at the end of our driveway) I spotted out of the corner of my eye the neighbor two houses down with her two kids playing in the front yard. I haven't met them, but I've seen them in passing. Raise a hand because she saw me looking, and didn't want to look like a creeper. I go into the house, and a few minutes later I see her tromping across my front yard with her 5 year old, baby strapped to her back, and dog. Rings doorbell.

My dogs go nuts, and Julia starts to bark with them. After I finally usher the dogs inside amid much nail-scrabbling on the hardwood, and get Julia outside without being trampled, neighbor mentions the P work. Park. I'm in a raggedly old tank top, old jeans, and flip flops, having just changed out of interview clothes and having worn a fake smile for my entire afternoon. But now the kid's excited about the P word, and I have no choice. As we walk there, I realize the baby-talk voice she was speaking at my house in was not just reserved for her baby, but her regular old conversation style. Maintain headache throughout the park visit. Julia sneezes on a kid because she has *****ing allergies that allergy meds can't touch.

And now I can't hang out in my front yard anymore.
March 22nd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well you all probably remember my witch of a neighbor up north, the one who called the cops on BIL on Xmas Eve...

Things are much more pleasant here. Our neighbors one one side, we talk to or at least say hi to, almost daily. We wave if we pass each other in our cars driving down the street, etc. They ring our bell to see if the boys can come play in the cul de sac with their DD, Davey has rung theirs once too, to see if their DD could come out. We talk over the fence (our yards are both on hills so they can literally see us from their patio in their yard, clear OVER our fence). I was out front until 9 pm the other night talking to the woman, (her name is Lenna) while the kids played, rode bikes etc. Their DD came and rang our bell today to see if the boys could come out, but alas, they were already sent to bed early (like 7 pm) for being little terrors.

Our neighbors on the other side are also really nice, but we don't see them nearly as much. We wave when we do see them, and we wave when she drives by me if I'm walking Davey to his bus stop.

We have been to both neighbor's DD's birthday parties, I'm friends with both on facebook (though neither are quite as active as I am, lol). I've even gone to the gym once with Lenna, as self conscious as I was about it (she is tiny), but I got over it.

MUCH more pleasant than the crazy lady who lived on the other side of the duplex up north.
Due January 2nd with baby #3!

March 23rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
That's great news, Kelly!

LOL Courtney. That will teach you to be socially polite!

Our neighbors are nice, but no one lives in our immediate vicinity. Although someone just bought the lot a couple down from ours so I'm crossing my fingers they build soon. They look nice. I don't think they have kids though.

Most of the people in my subdivision live closer to the front and their houses are right beside each other. So they see each other a lot more than I see them. Ah well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search