Gym goers....

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
What do you do when you're there? Do you go to any classes? Do you do treadmill/eliptical stuff? Weights?

March 21st, 2012, 05:45 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I currently...sit around, eat crap, and get fat.
March 21st, 2012, 10:01 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always do 30 mins of elliptical, and some walking on the treadmill too, even if it's just to cool down.
I usually do some weights, mostly upper body because my legs get enough of a burn from the elliptical.
I sometimes do the Zumba class, or Aquafitness. I wish I could do them more often, I really enjoy them but can't always make the scheduled times.

March 22nd, 2012, 03:53 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I run the track...I think I'll continue thru the summer verses running outside...its much easier for some reason.
I also do 45 minutes of elliptical or arc trainer on the non-running days.
And some weights.

March 22nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do 20 minutes on the treadmill, then 20 minutes on the elliptical (or vice versa) and then do the 30 minute weight circuit (I love that feature of Planet Fitness) and then the ab machine, then some free weights, then stretch and done.

The weight circuit has to be my favorite thing. I used to never know what to concentrate on as far as the weight machines at the gym I used to work at, but at this one, there is a red and green light. You use each machine for a minute, you go when the green light starts and stop when the red light comes on. Then you quickly get up, wipe your machine and move to the next.

Quote:
The PF 30-Minute Express Circuit combines 10 strength machines and 10 cardio-step stations. You can start anywhere in the circuit, but must go in sequence. The circuit operates on a green light/red light system. When the light turns green, you begin exercising. After 60 seconds, the red light goes on, which means stop and switch to the next station. At the end of 30 minutes, you will have completed the circuit and received a full-body workout.

March 23rd, 2012, 03:54 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that sounds like what they have at Curves

March 23rd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it is, except I think that's all you do at curves, and the gym has lots of other machines you can work on if you want to concentrate on one area.

March 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
I was thinking it sounded like Curves as well. That's smart that they incorporated it in that way. The machines at my gym are just color coded. So if you want to work on arms, you do all the machines with the green squares, legs you do all the purple squares, etc.

April 8th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish we had a Planet Fitness. I used to love Curves, but it wasn't enough without adding extra cardio and they don't have ellipticals or bikes or anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search