How many times...

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
... have you had to take your child to the emergency room?

How about just to the hospital in general?

What about you? How many times have you been to the emergency room?

March 24th, 2012, 07:20 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmm,

Jesses been a few times for ear infections (always happen on the weekends....)
and pneumonia

Dylan a few times for ear infections (he was a nonstop ear infection)

Drake one time because he had this cyst pop up on his neck...like a lemon sticking out the side of his neck just before the turned 2. It was just a freakish buildup of fluids but they admitted him for 3 days to give him iv antibiotics

Cooper once when he just came home...we thought he had a fever and since he was only 4 lbs we were worried...but by the time we got there his temp was normal, and then the other time for his broken leg

Ryder never

Me...many times with my various stomach issues that they've never really been ablt to diagnose. Usually after a bunch of tests they give me a shot to knock me out and send me home

March 24th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Davey has never been.

Jake has been twice, once for hitting his head, then he threw up afterwards, he had to have a CT scan and everything. The another time for high fever, he ended up having strep throat.

DH and I have been LOTS of times up north, because we had no insurance, so if something was really wrong, that was our only option.

March 24th, 2012, 08:00 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Spencer once...when he was around 1 when I was carrying him in the baby bjorn, and I fell on top of him, he hit his head on the concrete and he had to have head xrays

Allie once...she ended up getting a staph infection that popped up on the weekend. The dr didn't want her to wait until monday so he had us go to the ER to get her started on antibiotics immediately. We knew it was staph because Jay had just fought off a staph infection.

I've been to the ER when I was 5 for falling off of a porch swing and cutting my head open (had about a dozen stitches). Then with my 1st pregnancy when I found out I was miscarrying, and once when I was pregnant with Allie and started bleeding, but I hadn't gotten in to see my dr yet, so they sent me to the ER.

March 24th, 2012, 08:07 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah, and spencer had to have "surgery" to remove the popcorn kernel out of his ear a couple years ago. They just put him to sleep long enough so they could suction it right out of his ear.

March 27th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really remember with all of them, have been a few times when they were babies, mostly when I've not been completely sure and wanted them to have a lookover while it was still a reasonable hour. With the exception of my 4th, I took her in when she was 2 months, she stayed for a week, when she was 3, she had a bunch of bee stings and was all lethargic, just stayed for an afternoon. Then I took her when she was about 5, she had such a bloody nose the blood came out of her eye, and it looked scary (and who has ever heard of that anyways). It's just something she does I guess. In the fall I took her in and she had her appendix out, stayed in the hospital for 6 days.

I went in once on a sunday night, I had mastitis. The nurse told me the dr would probably give me some tips, but this was with my 4th, so I knew what it was, and at that point I was pretty assertive with drs (that 4th one of mine was a preemie, so she spent 5 weeks in the hospital where you learn not to be so intimidated). But the dr was very kind, and gave me the antibiotics right away.
March 28th, 2012, 01:36 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I took Julia twice - once when I inserted the NG tube the wrong way and she stopped breathing for what seemed like forever, and turned blue. It's supposed to go down her nose into her stomach, but it went towards her lung instead. Got there and she was fine, waited an hour to be seen and ended up leaving.

The second time was when her body chemistry was all out of whack, the docs had me doubling the concentration of her NG formula to try to get her to gain weight, and her sodium SKYROCKETED. She was in the hospital for a couple of days for that. That was her first Halloween, too.

My sis hit me in the head with a metal golf club (it was an accident) when I was 7 or 8, so I had to go to the ER for stitches and I had a concussion. I gave myself a concussion about 3 years ago, when I accidentally whacked my head on a metal rat cage when I was working at Hopkins (those things were heavy as hell). I was fine for a bit afterward, and then I started getting really dizzy and tired, so my boss sent me across the street to the ER.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search