Do you lock your car?

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
During the day if it's sitting in your driveway?

When you run errands? At the mall, or a store?

If you park outside someone else's house?
June 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
During the day if it's sitting in your driveway? No, we live in a very small subdivision off the beaten path.

When you run errands? At the mall, or a store? Absolutely!

If you park outside someone else's house? Depends on where it is!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
June 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Nope... almost never

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
June 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
~ Liz ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~ Liz ~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Liz ~
I have a confession...............not only do I never lock my doors, I also leave the keys in the ignition!!!!!!! I know, so stupid but it's a habit that I'm having a hard time breaking
June 22nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have a confession...............not only do I never lock my doors, I also leave the keys in the ignition!!!!!!! I know, so stupid but it's a habit that I'm having a hard time breaking [/b]

Liz! Sheesh!

Yes to all questions! Always lock the car, just a habit to press the locky button thing on my key ring! If it is in the garage though, no.
June 22nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have a confession...............not only do I never lock my doors, I also leave the keys in the ignition!!!!!!! I know, so stupid but it's a habit that I'm having a hard time breaking [/b]
Wow!! I thought I was bad not locking the doors. You really should break that habit Liz.

I almost always leave my car unlocked Rich would kill me if he knew that. I guess doing what he does he would be like that, but by the time I get all 3 kids out and am holding all hands...locking the car seems like the last straw. Dumb I know.
June 22nd, 2007, 05:29 PM
Weeeell, see, when I first got my license and my first car we lived waaaaaay out in the country. That doesn't mean you can't get robbed but locking the doors, rolling up the windows or even getting the keys out never crossed our minds Well, MY mind. Darrell fusses and FUSSES when he's home about it and I do TRY to break the habits but it's so hard!! One of these days I'm gonna learn my lesson if I don't change.
June 22nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
kmbaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hardly ever..........if a person needs something THAT badly thats in my car, take it. Now, if my car was actually stolen, I'd feel terrible! LOL

June 22nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Sarahmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At our house: No, until I got my purse stolen out of my car sitting in MY driveway!!!

At stores and everywhere else: ALWAYS.

June 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
During the day if it's sitting in your driveway? It's never in the driveway, always the garage so no.

When you run errands? At the mall, or a store? yes

If you park outside someone else's house? usually

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
June 22nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Lynettesmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynettesmommy
During the day if it's sitting in your driveway? Always....my MILS church bag was stolen out of her car about 3 months ago (who ever took it is gonna get what is comming to them ) And the other day Jim found a piece of wire or like a paper clip type thing that was shaped like a key sitting next to his car

When you run errands? At the mall, or a store? Yes Yes Yes.....and I never leave anything of value in the car either (except our DVD player but I have a cubby under the seat that no one knows is there so we put the screen in there

If you park outside someone else's house? At my SIL's yes (she has some shady people that live in her neighbrhood but other friends not as often.....because there driveway is right at their front door
June 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
Quote:
At our house: No, until I got my purse stolen out of my car sitting in MY driveway!!!

At stores and everywhere else: ALWAYS.[/b]
You left your purse in the car?!

I remember my mom always left her cardoors unlocked in the driveway and she kept getting so MAD that someone was stealing change out of her ashtray so she started locking her doors. It was me the whole time I must have been desperate for gas $
June 22nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Sarahmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
You left your purse in the car?! [/b]
yeah, I'm an idiot. I know.

June 22nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
nadine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to nadine
Always!!!!!!!!!
I borrowed my girlfriend's car once and parked on a deserted street for under 5 minutes. When I returned from around the block, the window was smashed and the insides were cleaned out: cds, radios, and original pics of Miss USA!!! (She was journalist and the photos were going with the story). Imagine that phone call.

June 23rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I lock my car doors 100% of the time, including when I'm inside the car. The only time the doors are EVER unlocked is the time it takes me to open the door and get myself (and Thatcher) into the car, then shut the doors. That's it.

My best friend made fun of me when we lived in AZ. When I came home from the grocery store, I would lock the door while I carried the first load into the house... then I would go back to the car, unlock it, remove more grocery bags, lock it, and take them to the house... Repeat. I would also lock the door to my apt every time I went back to the car for more groceries.

It's not so much that I'm worried about having something stolen. It's more that I'm worried about someone climbing into my backseat and then attacking me when I get in the car.

I'm the same way with the doors at home. They are always locked, including while I'm home.

Quote:
I remember my mom always left her cardoors unlocked in the driveway and she kept getting so MAD that someone was stealing change out of her ashtray so she started locking her doors. It was me the whole time I must have been desperate for gas $ [/b]
LMAO!

Quote:
Always!!!!!!!!!
I borrowed my girlfriend's car once and parked on a deserted street for under 5 minutes. When I returned from around the block, the window was smashed and the insides were cleaned out: cds, radios, and original pics of Miss USA!!! (She was journalist and the photos were going with the story). Imagine that phone call.[/b]
Oh NO!

June 23rd, 2007, 03:51 AM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
During the day if it's sitting in your driveway? Never--we live in a very rural area and our drive is on a hill, so someone would have to make a lot of effort to walk to our house. I park in the garage most of the time.

My Dh will actually leave the keys in the vehicles too.

When you run errands? At the mall, or a store? Yes--almost always.

If you park outside someone else's house?
Yes--most of the time.

Last edited by ~TreeGrl~; February 4th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
June 24th, 2007, 10:24 AM
KnKMom's Avatar Divorced, working mom
Send a message via Yahoo to KnKMom
Locking my car totally depends on where I am and how long I am going to be out of my car. I live in a very small town with a very low crime rate.

When I am at home I will lock it unless I know we are going to be leaving again soon. We have kids in our apartments that will steal change out of cars if they are left open and unattended for too long.

If I run to the store I will usually lock it, but if there is nothing in there and I am only going to be in the store for a minute I will leave it unlocked.

When I go to someone else's house I usually lock my car. But I rarely go to anyone's house, other than my parents and they live in the middle of nowhere on a dead end road. There is nothing of value in my car, so I dont worry about locking it there.
February 4th, 2012, 10:38 AM
megpie
I always lock it 100% of the time.
February 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Where did this come from?!?
megpie likes this.
February 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HA...here I thought Marcie started a new topic!!
I always lock my doors too....about a month ago DH forgot to lock his truck and someone got in and stole his cd's & sunglasses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search