Kind of frustrated...

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Kath M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maddie loves her preschool (it is a Co-op so the parents help) but I am kind of frustrated. First of all, I am on the board and I feel like I am working much more than many of the other parents. I am the fundraising chair and am in charge of raising $11,000 for the school this year. I ran a holiday greens sale (wreaths, centerpieces and swags etc.) and in Feburary I am in charge of a 5K run. I have never organized anything like this before and many of the parents are reluctant to help. It is frustrating because some of the jobs at the preschool are things like making playdough or taking the recycling to the recycling center or taking the towels home and washing them. I was kind of strong armed into being the fundraising chair because they said they were desperate and no one else would do it.

Anyway, my other big frustration is that Maddie is doing great being potty trained at home but at school she has had 3 accidents. The teacher wants her to wear a pull up to school. I just feel like that is taking such a step backwards. The school doesn't require that the children be potty trained and most of the kids in her class are not. I think most of it is that they don't take her to the potty fast enough when she says she has to go, but that is just my guess. Not many of the other kids are going either so she isn't seeing that. Of course when I am there on my parent help days she does great. Anyway..I just had to vent.

December 9th, 2008, 08:31 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
sorry things aren't going as well as they should be. i wish you luck, though!!

it's great that you're helping out there.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

December 9th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They are lucky to have you help but set limits to what you feel you can or try and say I'll do it if.... I am sure Maddie would be fine at school if she got to the potty soon enough, has she been able to tell you how often they bring her?

Thanks for the sweet siggie KILIKI

Jeneane and Mario Married 10/29/05

Sydney Mia 4/16/06 7lbs. 6ozs. 19 inches

Dean Marcus 7/17/09 6 lbs 12 0zs. 20 inches
December 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM
DaneNDaniels Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to DaneNDaniels Momma Send a message via Yahoo to DaneNDaniels Momma
Sorry things got thrown all on you I understand that can be so confining and unfair they throw it at you then guilt you into doing it. Not fair.

I am also sorry they arent helping Maddie as they should be with the potty training that is where my problems lay but not at preschool.

Great that you are helping out though thats so nice

Thanks Tashamae for my great siggy
December 9th, 2008, 10:58 AM
**KELI**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna's daycare wanted a pull up also. I was very reluctant, like you. I started sending her to daycare with her regular underwear on and then a pull up over top the underwear. That way she knows if she has a "accident" her princess panties will get all wet ( that upsets her terribly) but also the daycare has the safety net of the pullup. And then I just send extra underwear in case. Just a thought!

Thanks to Julka for my Beautiful Siggy!!!
December 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
((HUGS)) sorry things are going the way they are going. I would be getting frustrated as well!

December 9th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MamaMelly
You are such a great person to help out like that. I'm sorry no one else is willing to help.
December 9th, 2008, 11:22 AM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry the other parents aren't pulling their share!

Seth has had the same issue at school. His issue was he would say, "have to go potty" when he needed to go but not specifically TO his teacher so they didn't always hear him. I agree...I would feel like going back to pull ups would be going backwards. I think the idea of pull ups over her panties is a good compromise....

December 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad that Maddie likes her school, sorry she has had a few accidents, we arent at that stage yet, I imagine it is fursterating. I am sorry you are putting in more work that some other parents, can you put your foot down and demand a committee of 4 parents to plan the 5 K race? Maybe if the staff knows you are still willing to help, just not be out on your own they can find some able bodies? Just a thought....hope it all works out!

December 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How sad the other parents aren't more involved!!

As for the potty training, stick to your guns and insist that she wears her underwear. Explain to them that when she is home with you, she NEVER has an accident and you are not about to let her take a step backwards. I can almost guarentee its because they aren't taking her to the potty fast enough. Its probably easier for them to have her in a pull up and not have to worry about the potty breaks, which is so sad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search