Destany

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hope you dont mind me asking - but I would love to hear about the things that you are making for your family for Christmas. I know that you have shown the pic of the dress that you made with the pearls - but I would love to hear about the rest!

Forever in our hearts

December 10th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, you're so sweet to ask! Nah, I don't mind sharing a bit! I'll try and take some photos later if my camera will cooperate.
I made Tim and John each a How to Draw book. Tim's is how to draw "Action Figures" - anime and comic book type; John is how to draw other cartoons - Simpsons, Family Guy (I know, I'm awful for letting him watch that!), and Futurama. John's isn't very good, but it'll be ok for him. DH just has about 9 more pages to color, then that will be done.
Then I made each of the kids a name plaque. Just a piece of wood with their names burnt on with a soldering iron, stained with watercolors and laquered. Tim and Johns are door plaques - "Tim's Room", "John's Room", etc. Adam's has hooks in the bottom to hang ball caps, since that's his recent obsession. Karlie's is a hair tie holder. I know, I'm nuts, she still barely has hair, but she already has quite a few bows and clips!
Then I made Futuropoy, that's nearly done. It's Monopoly with a future theme.
I wanted to make Adam something else, but I'm limited to paper or wood or fabric, and I can't think of anything to make for him.

ETA: here are the pics, they're not the best but they'll do.

(not finished)

Sorry for the glare on these.

This was the only shot on this that came out. The board just needs some gold edging, and I need to make the property titles and a box to keep it all in (when hubby brings me home some strong board).

December 10th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Julka
Wow, Des... these are just amazing. Seriously... I cannot believe you made all of that, I wouldn't even know where to start. You're so creative!
December 10th, 2008, 05:43 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you are soo talented!! Very awesome gifts!!
December 10th, 2008, 07:38 AM
~ Colleen ~'s Avatar Go Red for Women
Destany, omg! You are unbelievably talented!!!! Your kids are so lucky to have you. Those "how to draw" books look awesome!

Colleen
Super-lucky mom to Liz, Christian, Caelan, Cary, Marik & Trace

December 10th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Those are positively AMAZING! What priceless gifts you give your children in your time and the obvious love that you and Joe put into them. I hope your kids realize how blessed they are to have such a talented mommy. Seriously - even when I THINK I know how talented of a lady you are - you amaze me again and again!!!!

WOW!

Forever in our hearts

December 10th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow - those are so cool! I love the signs.. and the books are amazing. Your kids are so lucky!

December 10th, 2008, 09:01 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those books are awesome! All of it is so good, your talent just blows me away. How special. Those gifts will probably mean more to them than anything else.

December 10th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You could seriously fry an egg on my face right now! Thanks so much ladies, that means a lot!
December 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Des, those are absolutely amazing....I don't even know what else to say, those are incredible!!
December 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Loving_My_Boys's Avatar Mommy to Jacob & Hayden
Oh my gosh! You are so talented, I think it would be amazing to get something that nice made by my Mom! You rock!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search