Mealtime

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How long does it take your toddler to eat a meal?

Abigail seems to take forever! I know neither DH or I are extremely fast eaters, but we sit at the table for at least 10-15 minutes after we are finished waiting for her to finish her meal. It seems like she takes her sweet time eating. Then, if either one of us attempts to get up from the table, that's the ultimate distraction, and she wants up too. It seems like it prevents her from finishing a meal. Is this normal for a toddler?

Expecting baby #4!

December 10th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Matt eats pretty fast, but Beth will drag on and on like that. I just have to give her a time limit and then that's it. I figure that if she's really hungry then she will eat in a reasonable amount of time.
December 10th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Veteran
15-20 minutes, but she stays at the table till everyone is done.

December 10th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Fritz takes 5 to 30 minutes. Jamie's dad used to take twice as long as everyone else. Ani's a slowpoke eater, too. I don't think it's an especially toddler way of eater, but more regular variations between people.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

December 10th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's what I figured Heather, I have a sister who is the same way. I wasn't sure if all toddlers might be like this though and we should just have more patience with her.

Expecting baby #4!

December 10th, 2008, 09:43 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also think it varies from person to person, it's not necessarily a toddler thing. I would personally let a kid eat for as long as they want as long as they are actually eating. If they started playing, I'd take the food away and say they're all done. We're all pretty fast eaters in my family and in DH's. But my SIL takes an excrutiating long time to eat a meal. Nathaniel can be really fast, generally if he's not really hungry, but usually he takes longer than DH and I too. I look at the upside - it's nice for when we're in a restaurant and would like to linger longer at our table instead of rushing in and out.

December 10th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Julia is a quick eater, as am I. DH can be slow, and Lily is the SLOWEST. Its because she doesn't stop talking. She's still usually at the table eating when DH and I do the dishes and and clean up. I don't mind as long as she isn't fooling around.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
Luke is a fast eater as am I but Creed is soooo slow!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search