Anyone know anything about plumbing?

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, this is random. But I'm freaking out here!

I think I told you how my lovely children flushed a metal toy car down the toilet a few days back. Well I thought all was well..the repairman had come and gone...the toilet was working. Then this morning I sent Beth to go use it, and the next thing I heard was terrified screaming. I ran in there and she was standing on top of a stool in the middle of the room while water just poured out from the bottom of the toilet (between the toilet and the floor.) And I mean it was really pouring out..it was already like an inch deep in the bathroom and moving into the rest of the house. So I was able to shut off the water to the toilet from the things on the wall - I think. Anyway it seems fine now, and I'm hoping the repairman will be back out this afternoon or tomorrow. But I have to go out this morning for like an hour - and I'm afraid the house is going to flood while I'm gone. Do you think it'll be fine as long as no one is here to flush it? And since I cut the water off - even though the link was below the toilet? Maybe I should try to block off the bathroom door somehow.

Funny how I never had these problems in my pre-toddler days....
December 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
I have no idea! I would think that if the water is off though it should be fine? good luck!!
December 10th, 2008, 07:26 AM
whatsupwiththis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to whatsupwiththis
I have no clue, but would think that as long as the toilet is not actually flushing, you are probably good. Poor kid, she is probably going to be afraid of flooding toilets for years now! LOL. My sister told me once when we were little, that people in apartments sometimes flush big snakes down and they can come up into random apartments, so to be very careful while I used the toilet as one might come up and bite my bum. I was deathly afraid to use them for YEARS. Picture me peeing while bent over frantically watching in there for a poisenous snake.....

Thankyou Yvonne for another gorgeous siggy!

http://rainbowsandponytails.blogspot.com/
December 10th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well the houses survived in my absence. I am feeling quite handy. Now if I could just fix the thing!
December 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
shellybell57's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to shellybell57
As long as you shut off the water to the toilet you should be fine. that is your water source to the toilet, it is lower than the actual tank for venting reasons. the reason it is leaking now is for some reason the wax ring that goes between the toilet base and the pipe under the toilet got the seal broke for some reason. the plumber needs to replace it. i have had to learn to do alot of home repair over the years with the amount of kids that i have in my house. this morning I had to take the p trap off the bathroom sink and retrieve an earring and necklace out of it that Jori had left sitting on the sink and Breanna accidentally pushed into the bowl of the sink letting fall down the drain. the joys of children.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search