We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am now wanting another baby and DH wants to wait longer. I am scared if I wait it will not happen. I am in no way going to push him into another baby but at the same time I am almost 37 and it took me 15 months of TTC to have Paige. I don't want to miss out on having another baby.
So ? how did you decide it was time for another? Was it your idea or Hubby's
I also should say I have a bladder disease (Interstitial cystitis) and my DR advised me I may not be able to have more kids if I wait to long.
I don't have my baby yet, but...
I just had this feeling instintly, it hit me..
After Zoey, I definately said no more, one's enough. I Thought about it, and thought about it. And then decided, if I don't do this, I'll regret it. So we just went with the flow.
It was my "idea" and SO kind of just went along with it because he can't say no to me.
We always knew that we wanted two children, so that decision was made long ago. We also didn't want an age gap of more than 2-3 years either, so we knew we'd TTC #2 when Hayden was 18 months.
Can you talk w/ your dh and find out why he is reluctant and wants to wait longer?
This baby was DH's idea. Of course I am thrilled to be pregnant, but I was not ready at all, and I still am having a hard time adjusting. This pregnancy has been really hard on me emotionally for that reason. I'd say talk it out with your DH-- you are the mom, so I think it's more important that YOU are ready, but he needs to be ready too. For the baby's sake. He may change his mind in a few weeks or months. Good luck.
I always knew I wanted at least 2 children, so it was pretty instant once she was a year old, I knew I wanted another. Once DH got home (Abby was 16 months) it was just a matter of when we wanted to start trying again. I kind of encouraged DH into it, he didnt' want to so soon, but I didnt' want to wait too long either. If we decide to have another, I've already thought about it and it's something we will have to put a lot of consideration into. I plan to wait until she's at least a year to even consider it though, at this point.
I agree, talk with your DH and see why he's reluctant to wait longer. Maybe he just needs to hear your reasons for wanting to try again so soon to help him come around.
Andrea, mom to Abigail (6) Annabelle (4) and Alexis (1)
Thanks everyone I am going to try to talk to him this weekend. If he would just say lets wait a year or give me a time line I would be ok with it but he did bring up the other day he was thinking about another baby but when I ask him when he wanted to try for another he got quiet and would not talk about it.
At the same time when we "play" he does not do anything to prevent a baby so I am really confused.
We knew we wanted more than just one. Right after having Andrew, I had massive baby fever but wanted him to be at least a year old. DH wanted to wait a little longer but once I convinced him that I was the one that carried them & gave birth to them he changed his mind. Plus, DTD without protection was also a big one for him. But he says he's glad Luke & Andrew are the age gap that they are & couldn't see it any other way.
Let us know how it goes.
Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!