The official Mommy brag thread

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2009, 06:45 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Let's brag out our kids! I would love to hear what new things they are doing and learning.
September 3rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Isabella just has the funniest sayings lately:
"Oh my god!"
"That's so amazing"
"What did you do?" (Like Dh or I am a bad little kid.)

She's been trying to use reverse psychology on me or something when she gets a time-out. I'll tell her to go to time-out and she'll say, "No. No! I go to time-out." And, she flounces to her time-out rug as if it was HER idea to go to time-out. And, when I tell her the time-out is over and she can get up. She'll say, "No. No, thank-you. I'm in time-out." She cracks me up!!!!

And then, she pulled a teenager thing on me one morning. It was a bad morning and she was on her 4th time-out for the morning. She went over there without a problem and sat quietly throughout her time-out. I told her the time-out was over after 3 minutes. Before I could talk to her about what she had done wrong, she gets up, walks down the hallway saying "Momma, YOU time-out! Momma, YOU time-out" as she points at me, and slams the door to her bedroom. It just came out of no where. She was so angelic while in her time-out. It was so hard not to laugh.

She learns new songs almost everyday. She already knows her ABCs, colors, counting in English and Spanish, and some of her shapes. I think we need to work on more shapes.

Is it too early to start working on writing numbers and letters??? I don't know much about early childhood education.
September 4th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lucas is doing so well with his speech and language, it is great. Except the whining!
He is starting to calm down and is not as crazy, or maybe I've gotten used to it... he listens better and sometimes does what we ask? He's really embraced the red light green light concept and also when he runs and I yell stop, he'll make a tire screeching noise like he is stopping short.

September 4th, 2009, 04:26 AM
suusssannn's Avatar funky monkey
Gavin's speech had come such a long way!! After several ear infections (like 11 an 13 months), they finally put tubes in when he was 18 months old... he failed both hearing test prior to the surgery (but surprisingly was saying MORE words than a typical 18 month old-- he just wasn't pronouncing his words very well at all... well now, a little over a year later, he's made SO much progress... he pronounces 99% of his words and is speaking in complete sentences for the most part!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 4th, 2009, 05:24 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Adam has come such a long way with his speech! At his last evaluation he only tested about 3 months behind! Considering a year ago the only thing he would say was car. that is fantastic progress.

He can count to 10 pretty well - usually skips #5 though

He totally digs stickers right no and will do just about anything for one - they are like scooby snacks for him!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

September 4th, 2009, 06:20 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope actually stopped a woman in Costco yesterday and said "I love your boootifull dress"... I love how she still mispronounces things. But she and this woman talked about shopping for a bit. Gosh she is such a little girl.

The blinky is clickable!!
September 4th, 2009, 06:28 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xavier is standing to pee!! It took a bribe, but he does it like daddy now. Granted, he makes a mess half the time, but we'll get there!

September 4th, 2009, 10:51 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
These are all awesome!!!

Logan is getting so much better with his tantrums. He is able to control himself a lot quicker (before it was 30-40 minute episodes) now we are down to mere minutes. He is listening more too.
September 4th, 2009, 11:39 AM
lovinglife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Georgie is getting so smart. She knows our address, my cell phone number and can write her name. She wanted to call my parents the other night so I gave her the phone, told her the number and she dialed it! Last night she was sitting with her abacus and singing 1+1 is 2, 2+2 is 4 and so on. That girl amazes me on a daily basis.

September 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
wow....I love reading these...

Miranda pooed on the potty for the first time...Michael could see that she was wanting so he asked her and she actually said yes. He put her on the potty in the bathroom, gave her an Indonesian cook book (why its reading material in teh bathroom I don't know)...he came two minutes later and she had pooped!

She tells everyone that she is 3 years old holding three fingers up.

If I'm not here, find me on that other website

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search