Holiday outfits for the kiddos?

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2010, 10:12 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Okay, someone was asking in my DS1's PR, so I thought I'd post here to see if I could get any ideas.

Do you coordinate/match outfits for the holidays for the kiddos (especially if you're getting pictures taken)? Do you know what your kiddos are wearing for Thanksgiving? Or, Christmas?

For Thanksgiving, I had one of these picked out for Theo. I like the first one because it has the little teddy bear on it.
First Moments 3-pc. Bear Sweater Vest Set

Or, this one from Carter's:

But, the dress I'd like Bella to wear is this one (with black leggings underneath).

I haven't even come close to picking Max's outfit out. But, as it will be Theo's first holiday, I'd like us all to take a picture together and have our outfits coordinate. But, as you can see Theo's outfit is going to be tans and pastels whereas Bella's is black, white, and orange. I'm more in love with Bella's dress but I think it'd be hard to find those same colors in newborn and toddlers for boys.

What're your kiddos wearing?
November 10th, 2010, 03:57 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Trevor will wear an overall set that is khaki and has reindeer on it. For Xavier I have courds that are about the same color as the overalls, a button-up shirt and a sweater vest. The boys won't have matching clothes, but they will match.

November 10th, 2010, 04:09 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since we are not going anywhere for either holiday this year, we wont go all out, but usually I try to get the girls to match and the boys to wear khaki pants and a nice shirt...but it's just us this year so its going to be a casual day of wear!!
November 10th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think about it until the day off. I'm just not a 'force kids into uncomfortable clothes for holidays' kind of person. I hope that doesn't come off as a judgment because it isn't.

I do matching PJs at Christmas Eve though!

November 10th, 2010, 11:32 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does the vest for Theo have blue in it? I can't tell by looking. If you really wanted to coordinate the kids a bit, you could get a grey, white, black or kind of orange colored onsie to go with instead of the blue. I am all about coordinating, lol.

November 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
those are really cute outfits! Here in the UK, we tend to only dress the real little ones in festive outfits. I put something smart on the boys but don't really have plans to buy something special

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

November 10th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I try and find outfits that coordinate with each other for the Christmas pics, and Christmas eve. On Christmas day they wear comfy clothes.
November 11th, 2010, 05:41 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyjoys View Post
....I do matching PJs at Christmas Eve though!
Yes, I've been trying to find some of those too. The Children's Place has pink ones with snowmen for Bella and then a red set and blue set with snowmen for the boys. But the blue has already sold out (at least online). So, I need to check in-store. We try to do pjs for Christmas Eve and I prefer winter-themed versus Christmas-themed so they can wear them through March here.

I forgot that I have this 2-layered thermal shirt for Max that I could pair with khakis to bring all 3 kids outfits together. Both boys would be wearing khakis and Max and Bella would match with the orange. Plus, a football and pumpkin are perfect for Thanksgiving. It's not perfect, but it'll do for non-professional pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalyn View Post
Does the vest for Theo have blue in it? I can't tell by looking. If you really wanted to coordinate the kids a bit, you could get a grey, white, black or kind of orange colored onsie to go with instead of the blue. I am all about coordinating, lol.
Yes, both have a little blue; otherwise I could pair it with an orange onesie to get them all really coordinating.
November 13th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
no pics here and no matching outfits -

but they do have matching pj's that they get on Christmas Eve.

Love your outfits Janna!~

Forever in our hearts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search