Guess the grass isn't always greener

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 08:18 AM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So since Cory left he's called twice. The first time he called wasn't until two weeks after he left because he was so "busy" hanging with his dad, shopping and getting his health card. Those are is words. Too busy to pick up the phone for 5 minutes and see how the kids are, huh? He said that I'm just being paranoid that his mother is trying to convince him of anything. But c'mon after everything that's happened who can blame me for thinking the worst.

Anyway, he called the other day and said that we all sounded so much happier since he moved. Well, yeah we are. The boys aren't fighting as much anymore, they actually get along and play together which is awesome. I'm happy with how things are now too. He's quiet for a little bit and then confesses that he's not as happy as he thought he would be and that he's actually pretty lonely. Huh. Guess you should think before making rash decisions based on what your mother wants next time then.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

November 10th, 2010, 12:51 PM
ibdancn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*sigh* I hope he gets some sense and realizes how much he needs to be in the boys' lives. My pastor always says, "If the grass seems greener on the other side, it's only cuz you haven't gotten over there to screw it up yet."

Thank you Chelsea (marriedc) for my beautiful siggy

November 10th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a shame. It sounds to me like it is what is best for you and kids though. I hope he makes more of an effort to stay in touch even if he is "busy". I would encourage him to try and make the best of it and make a life for himself where he is at. It seems unfair for him to start playing games if he plans to try and go back and forth, in and out of their lives. Not saying he has done that yet but it seems to me he needs to work on himself before he can be a good role model and Dad that the boys can look up to.
Give the boys a hug from me, I am so glad they are doing well!!!

Thanks for the sweet siggie KILIKI

Jeneane and Mario Married 10/29/05

Sydney Mia 4/16/06 7lbs. 6ozs. 19 inches

Dean Marcus 7/17/09 6 lbs 12 0zs. 20 inches
November 11th, 2010, 12:19 PM
DaneNDaniels Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to DaneNDaniels Momma Send a message via Yahoo to DaneNDaniels Momma
This makes me mad after how he treated you guys. UGH I am glad he is missing you and the boys and I hope he makes an effort to be in the boys lives take them to the park/movies/to mcd's just to spend time together. I am glad that you all are doing so well without him. It was almost opposite here that and the fact he left before Daniel turned 2 for the terrible two's lol. I hope you are still feeling good about the decision and are happier, even if he isnt.

Thanks Tashamae for my great siggy
November 12th, 2010, 09:48 AM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shaina, I think you know that I'm still feeling GREAT about the decision and am happier lol I'll admit that there is a part of me that feels bad for him because he doesn't seem to know what he wants, but I'm not about to give up any more of my life to see that he's happy

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

November 13th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do feel very sorry for Cory...because he doesnt seam to be thinking through the choices he is making or the things he is saying. I hope he figures some stuff out or he is going to be a person filled with regrets. I am so glad to hear that you and the boys are doing well and moving on with your future!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search