The Olympics

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaidynsmum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Will you be watching this year? What are some of your favorite olympic sports? Have you ever been to an Olympic games?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
July 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I love the Olympics and am anxiously awaiting the opening ceremonies. My favorite sport is gymnastics.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 27th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I love gymnastics as well, definitely my favorite sport. I also love rowing, swimming, volleyball, and soccer. I watch as much as I can!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
July 28th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I'll be watching. The opening ceremony was amazing, made me proud to be British. It's a shame it wasn't shown live in the US, I had US friends on Twitter going crazy because everyone else was tweeting stuff about it! How long did it last in the US with all your ad breaks? The whole ceremony was 4 hours long, so I hope they didn't cut any of it to fit in ad breaks, but if they didn't it must have been some marathon TV watching

We'll be watching, every single event will be live on TV here, so no doubt I'll get totally lost trying to find what I want to watch! But I'll definitely be watching the cycling, swimming, diving and some of the athletics. No doubt we'll have it on in the background all day though for the next two weeks!

I've never been to any Games, although I have friends that have tickets to see events this year. I'm waiting for the Commonwealth Games that are coming to Glasgow in 2014 (Canadians will know what I'm talking about!) I'm planning on getting tickets for some of those events.
quietsong likes this.
July 28th, 2012, 04:07 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Commonwealth Games are awesome too! I love the Olympics though... My favorites to watch are gymnastics, swimming, and rowing. I missed the ceremonies though, Eric had his birthday party yesterday evening. Doh!

I've been to a few of the Canadian Olympic qualifiers, but never to the games. I will forever kick myself in the rear for not inviting myself to my best friend's parents' house for the Vancouver games (they live in the Vancouver suburbs, and after the games started and she was there, she was all, "You should have come!")

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 28th, 2012, 04:59 AM
They showed the opening ceremonies from 7:30-midnight here. There was definitely more than 30 minutes of ads, but I think they made up a lot of that time during the parade of athletes by showing 2 or 3 countries very quickly. I loved the opening ceremonies. So perfectly awesomely British. Most people on my FB feed just didn't get them and thought they were awesome. The only thing I really didn't like was Team USA's outfits. What the heck was Ralph Lauren thinking?!?!

Smaller on the Outside

July 28th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Oh, I know! The outfits looked very...French to me.

July 28th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I heard that NBC cut the 7/7 memorial from their coverage. I thik that is diabolical, apparently you got an interview with Michael Phelps instead. 7/7 was our 9/11 and to have a memorial to those that died cut by a channel in a country that has fought against terrorism beside us is disgraceful. Shame on you NBC.
July 28th, 2012, 08:15 AM
And the Michael Phelps interview was completely inane...

Smaller on the Outside

July 29th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Wow, that is pretty horrible. And honestly, a lot of folks would have been glad to see it and honor those folks - I know I would. I've never been a big fan of American coverage, that just makes it even worse.

July 30th, 2012, 05:32 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be watching. Most of what I'll see will be repeats due to the time difference but its still good to watch. I like anything that takes more than just physical skill. Right now I've got the womens weight lifting on.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search