Grocery Shopping

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Do you meal plan before you grocery shop? Do you go to multiple stores for sales or use lots of coupons? Does your 06er help with the grocery shopping in any way?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 1st, 2012, 06:02 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I used to - but then DH got on a nutritionalist diet and I don't really need to buy much for him...especially stuff that ever has coupons...and me and the boys are slowly working through all the other stuff I had stocked up, LOL. Eric will help write stuff on my list (because otherwise I'd forget half of what I needed to buy), and if he's out shopping with me, he's the list keeper and reads off of it.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
August 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I meal plan, with 6 of us to feed I need to keep an eye on my spending! I check out which stores have the best deals, but I have to weigh up the cost of getting to the store with the better deal with the amount I'll actually save. It's not worth me driving 10 miles to a store just to save a couple of pounds. Coupons here are nowhere near what they are like in the States, but if I'll use what I do get if I need that item.
The past few weeks Jaidyn has helped, but I usually do it as soon as I drop her off at school.
August 1st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I meal plan and shop with a list, but don't use many coupons. Matt hasn't been with me in a while...I try to go shopping when dh can stay home with some of the kids, and Matt usually asks to stay home. Carrie's my favorite helper. Katy sometimes has fits, and Beth always adds $20 to my bill picking out treats. We have the same tastes, so everything she points out I think "Ohhh...I want that too."
August 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We meal plan a week ahead. It works well for us. Most of the time we only shop at one place. Every 6-8 weeks though we do go to Costco as well for certain items. Coupons don't really exist here which is a pity. I think if they did I would be fully into using them. We always ask Jas if there is anything she might like for dinner each week or anything she may want to have in her lunch box at school. The girls generally don't go shopping though as they always want lots of things that we don't really want them having when they do.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search