What kind fo backpack?

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Does your child have a character backpack? Something else? Does he/she get a new one every year?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 16th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Julka

She has this one from Gymboree with the matching lunch box. I did consider getting her a character backpack (Merida, Rapunzel, or Ariel), but I was afraid she'll lose interest 1/2 through the year and won't be into that princess anymore or something. Then Gymboree posted these backpacks on their site so I showed her and she loved it!

She used a different backpack for 2 years of kindergarten so we needed a new one.
September 16th, 2012, 06:02 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jas has the official school bag. It should last her at least 3-4 years, if not the whole 7 years she's at Primary School. I hope it does, we paid enough for it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This year we have a shark backpack from pottery barn. I usually get a new one every year so the kids get excited about school. But the pb backpacks are really good about standing up to the kids' abuse.

September 17th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our school discourages character items and that is fine by me. I buy their back packs from Hannah Andersson and they hold up really well. I get them a new one each year not because they need it, but because I have shopping issues!!
September 17th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nolan has Agent P from Phin and Ferb, and Elizabeth has Hello Kitty.
I get bored with their bags and buy new ones in Sept and January--they're pretty hard on them anyhow
September 18th, 2012, 01:22 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to get a pottery barn one, but I didn't know she would need one till the last minute, so we bought one at Target instead. It is a "Skechers" backpack with peace signs and junk all over it. It's cute but it also lights up, and those flashing lights are blinding!!
September 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I was planning on buying him a nicer one that would last (preferably) till he's done with regular school. The one he had last year was crap and started ripping on the bottom. I ened up just buying him an Avenger's one because it was on clearence and I couldn't find any nice ones that I actually liked and that actually felt like they'd hold up for more then a year or two.

September 19th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Jaidyn has one of the official school bags, much cheaper than buying character ones! She got it last year and should do her another year. The school has two sizes, one for the lower years and one for the upper years. We'll get her an upper year one when she starts P4.
September 20th, 2012, 06:52 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Justine, I feel you there - they all seem so poor quality! We buy a new one every year, out of necessity as much as anything. I LOVE the one you posted, Julia! I couldn't find anything cool and generic for boys, though, so we went with a Phineas and Ferb backpack. I did find a Children's Place soccer lunch box though that he really likes.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
She has a disney princess one. Not my choice, I let her pick. When she's a bit older, I'm going to get her a higher quality one. I have a jansport one from when *I* was in high school and still use it for traveling- perfect condition. But, she's kinda rough on them now.. so I'll wait a few years. I got her a new one for this year.

September 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
** Mandy **
She has a navy blue backpack with white flowers and green and pink accents.
The last couple of years we have gotten her new backpacks (bigger ones each year) as she has grown but this one should last several years I'm hoping.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search