Bus stops

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
For those that take the bus, how far away is the bus stop? Do you walk/drive to the bus? Does your child wait for the bus by him/herself?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 23rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Julka
I am very lucky because the bus stop is literally outside my building I just have to come outside and it's right there! DH puts the girls (they are in the same school) on the bus on his way to work, and I pick them up later in the day. The ride is pretty short, I would say 10 minutes probably.
September 23rd, 2012, 07:34 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
It's literally across the street! We are lucky. Everyone else from the stop comes from down the street. We can see the bus coming from the porch, so in the cold we can wait in the house and then just cross the street.

I stay out there with her, and don't leave until the bus pulls away. I will do that for years.

September 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
There is one Condo betwen ours and the bus stop on the corner of the street. So we wait on our porch for the bus in the mornings and when it gets there he runs to the bus, the line is so long to get on that he never has an issue getting on. After school either dh or I will wait for him at the corner.

September 23rd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nolan's stop is just at the end of out driveway, so maybe twenty yards? I was walking him in the mornings but now he asked me to sit on the front step, lol! He only takes one bus and there are three stops after him, total 30mins---it'd be a 12 minute drive for me to take him in lol

Lucky mother to five!

September 24th, 2012, 08:03 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Our house is close to the entry to the subdivision, so it's bus central, LOL. We have buses stopping in front of our house all morning before school. Eric's stops at the corner beside our house (we're the corner lot), and at around the same time, Danny's pulls up to our driveway. I go out in the yard with both of them about 5 minutes early and we hang out unless it's raining or something, then Eric usually waits on the front porch and I stay inide watching out the window with Danny.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 25th, 2012, 06:53 PM
** Mandy **
We would have to walk the full length of our block (we live at the very end of the street and the bus stops at the other end) to get to the bus stop. I would not let her wait by herself.

As of right now I have been driving her to school and picking her up. The school is so close and dropping off is so easy that it is just he more convenient option rather than getting her and my toddler down the street and standing around in often not so wonderful weather waiting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search