Breakfast Time

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Julka
Is your 06er a good breakfast eater?
What type of foods do they eat on weekday mornings?
Does their school have a snack-program or something similar for kids who don't eat breakfast?
September 26th, 2012, 02:27 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Is your 06er a good breakfast eater? *sigh* no. Breakfast is a big struggle. But she goes to school at 7:30 and lunch isn't until 11:15, so she has to eat.
What type of foods do they eat on weekday mornings? Usually a slice of whole wheat toast with some apple slices. Every so often I let her have a treat (pop tart, muffin, etc).
Does their school have a snack-program or something similar for kids who don't eat breakfast? Her class has snack time (we're each assigned a day of the month and bring in snack for the whole class) but it's in the afternoon. The actual school offers nothing like that. There is a breakfast program if kids prefer to eat at school.

September 26th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Julka

Yep, she's great, she loves breakfast!

Different cereals with toast (HoneyComb, different Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Cinammon Toast, etc.), waffles with maple syrup & fruit, scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, Oatmeal..

Does their school have a snack-program or something similar for kids who don't eat breakfast?
I pack snack for her to eat, they have snack time around 9:30am.

However, the school also has a snack-program for those kids who don't eat breakfast. It's something like $70/year and they give snacks to those kids who don't eat in the mornings. I don't pay because I feel she eats enough!
September 26th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Yes, she's eats like a horse

Cereal, fruit, yogurt & toast every morning

No. They can have a snack at playtime/recess at 10am, kids take their own. Jaidyn usually takes a cereal bar or something similar. The school provides a piece of fruit every day, usually an apple or a banana.
September 26th, 2012, 03:22 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Eric eats like a horse at breakfast as well! His favorites are waffles, toast with peanut butter, and scrambled eggs. He'll do cereal sometimes too, but he'd prefer something hot.

Our school has a breakfast program that, for $1.35, you can buy and eat breakfast at school from 8:30-9 before school starts. I find it a bit of a rip off, though, since it's just like a bowl of cereal and some milk. There's no snack in first grade, via program or sent from home, so I let him eat all he wants before he goes so he can make it to lunch.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 26th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he's a great eater
cereal or oatmeal are our regular breakfasts
no, his school just does a 10 am snack from home and then lunch and another snack
September 27th, 2012, 12:15 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Is your 06er a good breakfast eater? Generally
What type of foods do they eat on weekday mornings? Don't know really, he always tells me he forgets what he had for breakfast. One day he said a little bowl of cereal and a cinamon roll and some orange juice lol.
Does their school have a snack-program or something similar for kids who don't eat breakfast? Don't think so, never herd of anything like that before. They are allowed to bring a healthy snack from home to eat durring first recess (think thats around 10 or 11am) if they want to though.

October 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Julia is pretty good about breakfast. On school mornings she gets a choice of bagels, waffles or cereal. She is fine choosing between those options. Julia gets lunch around 11:45 and snack before she comes home. She still comes home starving!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search