How much weight can a crib hold?

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2007, 04:52 PM
SurroMamma1's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok...so Clayton is very spoiled...at night when I need to get up for a bit I put him in his crib (he is normally in the bed with us) but sometimes I need to get up for something and obviously I can't leave him asleep alone on the bed (just incase) but some nights, as soon as I put him down in there he wakes up crying, so I end up getting in there with him, and if he thinks I am sleeping beside him he falls right back to sleep, then I sneak out of the crib and go about whatever I need to do, I usually get about an hour before he wakes up again and realizes I'm not there...that's when I take him back in bed with me. So...my question is, how much weight can a crib hold? Do you think it is strong enough to hold my weight when I am in there with him? Thanks...I know this is a silly question.

February 9th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
All cribs are different. Do you still have the pamphlet that came with it? Or is there some sort of tag or sticker somewhere on the crib? If not, I'm sure you could search the make and model of your crib on the internet and find out. My guess would be that the weight limit is probably around 50 pounds. Though my own personal opinion is that they significantly decrease the limit from the "break point" to avoid injury and lawsuits, etc. I know our playpen has a limit of 40 pounds, but all 3 of my kids have been in there jumping around, and standing still the combined weight of them all is just about 100 pounds. I even think I stood in there at one point for some reason, so that thing can definitely hold a LOT more than 40 pounds.

I gotta say, I have absolutely no idea how you and Clayton fit in there, it can't be comfortable!! The things we do for our children, right?!

February 9th, 2007, 10:19 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea, but I'm amazed you can fit in the crib with Clayton. How big is your crib? (just curious).

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

February 10th, 2007, 04:54 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I got into Peyton's crib, it would have to be taken apart to get me out! I know that I used to climb in my little sister's cirb when she was a baby. I was about 11 and weighed about 105lbs, maybe. It was a second hand crib and it never even groaned. I would check the booklet that came with the crib or call the company just to be sure.

February 10th, 2007, 05:24 AM
joyfulmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't offer any advice that the others haven't already, I just wanted to say ... That is so sweet, I can just picture it

Brooke
mom to...
Mariah
Savannah
JJ
Allison
February 10th, 2007, 06:51 AM
SurroMamma1's Avatar Super Mommy
I put a picture to show where the crib is situated, you can kinda see it in the background...its directly beside my bed...actually wedged between the wall and the bed, so it makes it easy to get into bc I am climbing in it from my bed lol I got it second hand so I don't have the booklet that came with it, but I'm gonna try to look it up online anyway. Thanks for all the responses...that would really suck if it collaped with us in it LOL

February 10th, 2007, 07:23 AM
lisa1of13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can imagin the emt's saying "Uh, why exactly were YOU in the crib??" No help here but it certainly amused me!
February 10th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a funny picture in my head when I read that you were sleeping in his crib also.

I know some cribs turn in to toddler beds so they would probably hold more weight but I don't know about over 100lbs all the time. The crib may look good now but over time things could be weaking.

BTW: Your son is soooo cute. That hair!!!!
February 10th, 2007, 09:22 AM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure how much weight that they hold. I've leaned over the crib to BF Victoria if she's waking up when I put her in but never actually crawled in. I'm too scared that it would collapse and it's not worth it.
February 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM
marmalade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad to see your post! I thought about climbing in one night to cuddle the baby, and wondered about safety, but then I vaguely remembered my sister saying that she got in the crib with her kids! Routinely! I am still scared something is going to break, so I haven't done it myself.

<span style="color:#003300"> "Parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I’m not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal. —Bill Cosby</span>
February 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
KAY MOM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I can imagin the emt's saying "Uh, why exactly were YOU in the crib??" No help here but it certainly amused me! [/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search