Maternity Clothes....

Forum: 2006 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2005, 05:14 AM
JIAs Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi just a question for you gals...

Will you wear maternity clothes... and if so when?

I absolutly hate maternity clothes!

I always wear yoga pants ( when im home ) or regular jeans ( larger size ultra lowrise ) and regular shirts that are just longer.

What about you???

I have a feeling I may have to buy the next size jeans in the next few weeks! LOL Im soooo bloated

November 4th, 2005, 05:32 AM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will probably buy as few maternity clothes as I can possibly manage. Actually I hear you can find some deals at consignment shops, since women only wear them for less than 9 months. Oh that is what I'll do today, go to a consignment shop! I definitely need a new pair of jeans--I am having a hard time fitting in mine now. I think that it's because I'm eating more and gaining weight though!
November 4th, 2005, 06:33 AM
jodes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first, I bought a ton of maternity clothes. Since I work everyday, I needed a basic wardrobe. Plus, my mom tends to spoil the hell out of me every chance she can get...a little less so now that my son is around

I just picked up a couple things, like a coat that I will need this winter, and couple pairs of pants off eBay. Otherwise, I also would peruse the consignment shops when I had time. That and I intend to borrow from my cousin who just had a baby last October. She has a lot of summery stuff, that I'll need next year.

With my first pg, I didn't wear maternity stuff until I was about 5 months along. I fit into most my shirts up until then. I just bought bigger pants, seeing as I'd need them (and did) for transition wear after the pg. So I started a 4, and was wearing size 8's up until 5 months...and wore the 8's for a couple months afterwards.
November 4th, 2005, 06:55 AM
HealyLady
Target has nice maternity pants (they come in all colors and fabrics, including jeans which is my favorite). You can't tell they are mat. pants because they have a hidden drawstring with buttonholes inside, so you can adjust them frequently. I usually just wear oversized shirts over mat. pants (because at my height of 6 ft 1, I can't find long enough maternity shirts, LOL).
November 4th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tend to show really fast because of my height (5'0) so I'm sure I'll be in them in a couple weeks. Last time a lot of the tops I just bought bigger since shirts are always long on me anyways but pants I had to do maternity.

November 4th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Super Mommy
I'll start wearing my maternity clothes as soon as the need arises. I have a ton leftover from my first pregnancy. Lydia was born in August, and we found out I was pg in January, so I have winter, spring and summer maternity clothes. My mom went crazy and spoiled me with them as soon as she found out I was pg. However, I hope with some exercise and better eating habits, that I won't have to get into them as soon as I did last time.
November 4th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sure I will try the consignment shops too. Maybe this weekend! I will also have to check out Target - I have no problem wearing maternity clothes.
November 4th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't mind them too much...hopefully it'll be a few more months before I have to drag them back out though. I already bought a pair of shorts b/c they were on sale and I know I'll have trouble finding shorts this winter...even though it'll be 80 degrees here in FL. And I bought the cutest pair of jeans from Target - instead of having the panel the front just look like normal jeans with a zipper and button and the back have elastic in the waistband
November 4th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you Mommy2be - yoga pants and low rise jeans! I looked at maternity clothes the other day and pretty much started laughing out loud in the store! Even the smalls are HUGE and not just in the belly area. I'm kinda small, so I'll probably just end up wearing a larger size. Besides, all the cute shirts they make now are practically designed for maternity! I'm guessing if I do get maternity clothes, it won't be until I'm about 7 months along.

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
November 4th, 2005, 10:17 AM
mrsjdaniels's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to mrsjdaniels Send a message via Yahoo to mrsjdaniels
I will def wear materninty clothes and I will prob spend money on them too...i work in events so luckily i can wear slacks and shirts on the days I dont have events but i def need maternity suits and after 5 stuff for work

November 4th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Babydoll@Nov 4 2005, 01:08 PM
I looked at maternity clothes the other day and pretty much started laughing out loud in the store!* Even the smalls are HUGE and not just in the belly area.* I'm kinda small, so I'll probably just end up wearing a larger size.*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Try Old Navy...I bought some stuff off their website when I was pregnant with Beth and it was pretty small. I looked super cute in it at about 4 and 5 months along...and by 6 months was busting out of it, lol.
February 21st, 2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIAs Mommy View Post
Hi just a question for you gals...

Will you wear maternity clothes... and if so when?

I absolutly hate maternity clothes!

I always wear yoga pants ( when im home ) or regular jeans ( larger size ultra lowrise ) and regular shirts that are just longer.

What about you???

I have a feeling I may have to buy the next size jeans in the next few weeks! LOL Im soooo bloated
Yes you will have to wear maternity clothes at some point of your pregnancy.I got mine online.Morph maternity tops and formal shirts are really nice and comfy.You should give them a try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search