Oh no! Great DH - Bad idea!!

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Mommy2Noah&Jack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've been talking about going on a mini-vacation because we are getting antsy with the winter. My idea was something warm where we can go outside and not freeze! Maybe just a few states south where the snow maybe melted and the sun is out. Coats and hats are fine! Some R&R family time, kwim?

DH called this afternoon that he found a place in Vermont to go and he said he sent me the info... well he booked it too!!! I am looking and I dont think there is much for the kids to really do there, they are 1 and 2!!! They cant ice skate, ski, have no interest in museums, and its cold out and they hate snow! Not to mention Jack has a cold and I took him to the ped and he needs to use a nebulizer. At best, he will just be getting over a cold--- I dont want to take him in the snow!

So now I have to tell DH when he calls all of this, he is gonna be mad! But he should have checked with me before booking! At the same time I feel bad because he did take and make plans for us to spend time on a family getaway! Just its going to be horrible and he is going to remember that when it comes to future getaways! I wonder if he could get our deposit back even? I cant believe he did this. I am having so many conflicting feelings... Im happy he did but at the same time not. Not to mention we had a babysitter this weekend (my mom) for a date night

February 16th, 2009, 11:12 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say go and make the best of it! Bring some board games and spend quality time together in the pool. Make the best of it and then he won't remember the negatives of the trip he'll remember the silly and fun times.

If you bring it up and change it he'll never try and surprise you and plan something like this again.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
February 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
There isnt even a pool Its a bed and breakfast. He just called and I talked to him. He is disappointed and upset with me and I am so afraid he wont plan again. I asked if I missed something the kids can do... he said there is snowshoeing (LOL- ok I can wear snow shoes and carry the kids through it - now there is exercise!). Sledding - the boys hate snow and Jack is sick. They make teddybear pancakes he told me.... I can make them at home. Oh and they have a barn where the kids can pet horses. Its freezing cold. Its like 500.00 for 2 nights. Its alot of money to spend and not have anything to do, kwim? Especially when Jack is sick. He was like dont you think you can get him better by then... lol. Its a virus! He has had this cold for 2 wks, who knows! I just feel so bad that I hurt his feelings

I wish Jack wasnt BF, then I could say lets leave the kids home with my mom since she was going to babysit here anyway and just he and I go!

February 16th, 2009, 11:57 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are both upset It's a really tough spot to be in. I hope the two of you can talk it over and find a solution.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
February 16th, 2009, 03:57 PM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will Jack not even take pumped bottles?? Maybe u could pump tell the trip and leave them with your mom. It sucks bc he did make an effort and it was really nice of him.
February 16th, 2009, 04:47 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
I think I would have the same conflicting feelings as you, Amanda. However Tony would never do anything like that even if I wanted him to, I am the planner of this family, LOL! I wonder why he chose that place over somewhere that's more family friendly... and warmer!! But I agree with Jenn, is there any way you can make it work so you two can get a weekend away without the boys?!
February 16th, 2009, 06:37 PM
majerus33's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would go and make the best of it.. If he still needs neb treatments or you are worried about that, maybe I can help you with some equipment. Send me a PM and I will see what I can do.
February 17th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Will Jack not even take pumped bottles?? Maybe u could pump tell the trip and leave them with your mom. It sucks bc he did make an effort and it was really nice of him.[/b]

Nope, not even a pumped bottle. He never has! Thats probably part of why having my two close in age has been tough. He wont take pumped bm and he will not take whole milk. I've tried every way imaginable (different cups, sippies, straws, bottles.. flavored... different temps). Its really turning me off on the idea of ever breastfeeding again. At least for a full year or exclusively. He is up every 2-3 hours too. He is like the perpetual newborn! I would love ot beable to get away with DH. We had talked about it this Oct for opur 5 year anni, but even that depends on weaning! God I hope he is weaned by then!

Quote:
I think I would have the same conflicting feelings as you, Amanda. However Tony would never do anything like that even if I wanted him to, I am the planner of this family, LOL! I wonder why he chose that place over somewhere that's more family friendly... and warmer!! But I agree with Jenn, is there any way you can make it work so you two can get a weekend away without the boys?![/b]

I am usually the planner too thats what made it so nice for him to do He never does things like this. He was more upset because I told him the night before that he finds the negative in everything and for that reason we wont evere have a nice time in his eyes on any fam vacation... then I foudn the negative in what he planned He said I was being hypocritical! But we talked about what the B&B Resort place had to offer and I told him it does sound ok for the kids, just not when Jack is sick. SO maybe when the weather is warmer. Thankfully, he was able to get the deposit back.

Quote:
I would go and make the best of it.. If he still needs neb treatments or you are worried about that, maybe I can help you with some equipment. Send me a PM and I will see what I can do.[/b]

Thanks! We have a nebulizer and the accessories. Our insurance just pays for one instead of the rental. I guess its more cost effective that way. He hates it! Thanks for the offer though.

February 17th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This would be the perfect chance to get him off the boob like you wanted, just leave him with no option for the weekend. I'm sure even your mom could handle nebulizer treatments, mine helped out with them when Noah was little, and we had to play the pin and neb game LOL

February 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Quote:
This would be the perfect chance to get him off the boob like you wanted, just leave him with no option for the weekend. I'm sure even your mom could handle nebulizer treatments, mine helped out with them when Noah was little, and we had to play the pin and neb game LOL[/b]

I could never leave him to CIO and wean cold turkey- especially when he is sick. I would feel horrible the entire weekend and not have any fun. Heck, even if he took bottles, leaving him not feeling well would make me feel guilty. I'm his mom, taking care of him when he isnt well is my responsibilty, kwim? I figure when he is ready he'll wean. Right now that is how he finds comfort... especially after the nebulizer! He totally hates it! What is the pin & neb game? I am up for any suggestions on how to use this thing!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search