HELP. sleep issues with chloe.

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 02:36 PM
CassieJ4's Avatar Veteran
Hey Everyone. I haven't posted on here in awhile, things are so busy around here it seems! Anyways, I have a question about sleep. Chloe has been sleeping completely through the night for atleast 6 months now without a problem (in her own crib) but recently she is regressing. It started where she would sleep for about an hour and then wake up and throw EVERYTHING out of her crib.. Her babies, blanky, pillow & paci. And then she will just scream. Now its to the point where she freaks out when I say its bed time. She wont even go to sleep she just throws everything out and i go back in there, pick it all up and tell her its night night time and leave the room. She keeps doing it. Last night she FINALLY gave in and went to sleep but woke up at 1am and was SCREAMING. I was half asleep so I just put her into bed with us but I know we cant keep doing this! Ive taken her to the doc shes not sick, not teething and not ear infections. Does anyone else have this problem or ever heard of this being normal around this age? Any tips how I can fix it? TIA -Cassie
February 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I wish I could help but Elizabeth has never ever slept through the night.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
February 16th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Veteran
Could it be nightmares? Levi has been having them and he had the same behaviour you describe. I would try a different way of getting her to sleep for a few nights. We drive Levi in the car and now hes back to normal. I would comfort her when she cries and not just leave her in her crib alone. Reasure her that everything is ok and theres nothing for her to be scared of. The last thing you want is for her to associate bedtime with being scared and left all alone crying. From what I understand nightmares are commen around 18 months.

</div>
February 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Spotis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is what worked for us:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Solve-You...43201636/?itm=1

I turned to this book after many miserable nights of no sleep and lots of crying, night awaking, etc. I wished I had read the book sooner. Bed time is a fun, no-stress experience now and Nolan sleeps through the night when he's not battling one of this 50 million ear infections that he's had this year.

Nolan John turns 2 on 8/28/09
Thank you Jessica for the siggy!
February 16th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've read and heard from others that 18 months is a time where they regress in their sleep habits. We just came out of a rough 2 weeks with Mak doing the same thing. She was teething and battling a chest cold too so it was understandable. We've always rocked her to sleep and put her in her crib (yes the "experts" say that's a no-no, but it's always worked for us and she's been sleeping through the night for months now). She started freaking out once we put her in her crib, or would wake up screaming a few hours later.

Many nights I'd just put her in bed with us, and some mornings she would wake up at 4:30am and refuse to go back to sleep (even in bed with me). This was odd since she usually wakes up around 8am. I was beyond tired and nothing we did would work. We ended up just toughing it out and so far for the past 3 nights things are back to normal. I don't really have any words of wisdom but wish you all the best.

All the best.
February 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking along the same lines as Elisabeth, night terrors? I don't know much about them, but I know they are *pretty* common for kids.
Either that, or maybe it is just a weird phase she is going through?
Sorry it's been so rough for you. I hope it gets better soon.
Athena has been getting all 4 molars during the last 4 week (and they still aren't all through), so my nights have been pretty eventful lately.
February 17th, 2009, 01:16 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I have no ideas, but I think that the other ladies have given you some good advice. I hope that you can find some answers - make sure you come back and let us know!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
February 17th, 2009, 07:33 AM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Addy just started sleeping all night again after about 3 -4 months of waking 4 times for a paci....don't know what fixed it...

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!
February 17th, 2009, 07:43 AM
alitersunshineboys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dominic didn't start sleeping through the night until he was about 15 months. We use to let him sleep with us, but that was such a slippery slope. We finally decided to let him cry it out. It was bad for about a week and then he got use to it. He only has a problem sleeping now if he is feeling sick. That worked for us, but it doesn't work for everyone. I hope you guys find a resolution soon. It is hard on everyone when your lo's don't sleep well.

Thanks to misfitmin (sara) for this awesome siggy

proud member of august 2007 playroom, midwest mamas, and conservative mamas.
February 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Mrs. T's 1st's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just went thru this with Maddie!

We were putting her in our bed until after a few weeks we could not take it anymore and then we were rocking her and then putting her back in the crib. Then she started to want to "hang out" in the middle of the night

SO, we went the same route as Cindy and let her CIO. It broke my heart to hear her cry, BUT after just 3 nights she is sleeping thru the night Each night she cried less and less. Sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night but I can hear her almost sing herself back to sleep

I hope you find something that works!!!!!

February 17th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Jackate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just at Jack's doctor a couple weeks ago talking about the same thing. Screaming out in the night, once I get him to sleep (at bed time or nap time) he would sometimes wake up screaming. Sometimes 10 minutes after I lay him down and sometimes further into his sleep pattern. She said they do start dreaming and having night mares much more often at this age. She mentioned to me one thing that was very important, be sure not to wake them if they are screaming out in their sleep. Let them wake up or try to calm them without waking them.

She also recommended this book:

http://www.amazon.com/No-Cry-Sleep-Solutio...s/dp/0071444912

Good luck, this sleep thing is very difficult. Like Elizabeth, Jack has never once sleep through the night. But we just keep plugging on. As long as he is rested and happy when he is awake that is all that matters to me. I would also talk to your doctor just to make sure she is getting enough hours of sleep vs. activity.

She said lots of moms have had success with it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search