I'd like to introduce you to...

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my stubborn

snuggly

skinny

sleepy

baby

take a peek between the legs

yup. boy.
no need to ask if i'm happy, i'm not. I'm sure I will be but right now i'm crushed. I won't get my little girl

and the news gets worse from there. This was supposed to be a fun ultrasound, the nurse isn't allowed to do measurements or anything diagnostic or her insurance premiums skyrocket (although she has 34 yrs nursing experience and 28 obstetric ultrasound exp) but she told me he has excess fluid on his brain and that I need to call my doctor and schedule a diagnostic ultrasound NOW, before 20 weeks. It could likely clear up on its own, but it's something they need to look at.
my baby might be sick

I find it hard to be happy at all knowing he could have something very wrong with him and I don't even know what.

on the bright side? he's adorable. but incredibly INCREDIBLY stubborn, wouldn't move his hand out of his face the whole time, and had a hard pecker the entire time and no trouble showing it off. The nurse said everything else looks healthy.

so, yup, boy.

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

April 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Jenny! I know you want a baby girl and while it's sad now, I know you will be happy later. I am so sorry about the bad news of fluid! I am sure he is fine but i would check it out anyways. Is Thomas happy?
April 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
BobbiC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww hun, sorry you didn't get your little girl. Maybe next time. I hope what the nurse saw doesn't amount to anything. It is best to get it checked but I do think it'll go away just like the nurse said. I am sure that others have had that and it went away.
T & P with you and the baby. KUP.

April 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thomas isn't happy at all. He desperately wanted a little girl as well.
I don't think we'd be so sad if we were planning on having more children but I don't honestly think my body can handle more, especially if I have PKD- and if we decide to have another down the line I will have to be tested for it, and if I have it, no more kids. That, and I really only want 2 children total. Can't say for sure, but for the next 5 yrs at least, no more babies.

April 22nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
Mommy2AvaRose's Avatar Super Momma
Aww sorry to hear that you didn't get what you want. I might be facing the same thing eventually, as DH and I both desperately want a boy.
I hope everything is ok with him though.

April 22nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
IthinkIdlikeANap
I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for and I really hope everything turns out alright, i'm sure it will. Even though it's not the little girl you were hoping for I think it's fun that Holden will get a brother to grow up with. Keep us posted on how things turn out...
April 22nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Tammy9988's Avatar Super Domestic Goddess ;)
I hope that everything turns out ok. How horrible to get that news and not be able to talk to your Dr right away. But he is a cutie! She got some great shots of him...and no doubt it's a boy! That's as clear as day!
April 22nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Totally Fierce Mommy
I hope everything turns out okay for your sweet baby boy, Jenny. Do you remember while I was preggo and they said Isla had fluid on her brain and they told me she would likely be born with Down Syndrome? Thank goodness ultrasounds have so many gliches and 9 times out of 10 the baby is completely fine! I hope and pray that is the case for you. Love the pics! I wish I could have gotten some like that with the girls!
April 22nd, 2009, 08:14 PM
I'm going to call my doctor first thing tomorrow.. but I assume i'm gonna get the run around since my 20wk anatomy scan is at the hospital (EVMS) and those people suck at life and have "limited appointments"
I do have a face to face appt next week, but I don't think I can sit around and do nothing for that long, KWIM?

If he were healthy, or if she had said nothing, i'd be a lot less sad about this whole thing. TWO things I didn't want to hear kind of knocked me over.

for comparison, here's Holden @ 16 weeks. I think they look alike already

they both have that "whoville" nose from dr seuss

April 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Totally Fierce Mommy
Think about how sweet two boys will be! They will be the best of friends!
April 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommmyAmber View Post
I hope everything turns out okay for your sweet baby boy, Jenny. Do you remember while I was preggo and they said Isla had fluid on her brain and they told me she would likely be born with Down Syndrome? Thank goodness ultrasounds have so many gliches and 9 times out of 10 the baby is completely fine! I hope and pray that is the case for you. Love the pics! I wish I could have gotten some like that with the girls!
I do remember that. while talking to thomas about it I think I brought you up and how Isla turned out fine. I sure hope that's the case
my eyes tear up even thinking about it

April 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
missthree29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ultrasounds are known for being completely wrong, they are never 100% correct. I'm hoping and praying that your little boy is healthy. My first thought when I saw the pics was that he reminded me of Holden. I really hope you can come to grips with having a boy instead of a girl quickly. At this point, and I'm sure you'll agree, his health is the most important thing. And keeping yourself calm and trying to stay in control goes a long way in keeping baby calm and happy. I know you've said you would be miserable for the rest of your pregnancy if it was a boy, but I really hope that doesn't happen. Having a baby is such a miracle, and especially if you think this will be your last, try to enjoy every moment, even the not so great ones. I know all will be well as far as the US, I don't believe alot of what they pic up as "abnormal." Hopefully, your Dr will be able to get another one scheduled right away. T&P that all is well. Do you have any names picked out yet?

April 22nd, 2009, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
jenny- i was about to go to bed and figured i'd pop on to see if you had posted. i'm sorry you didn't get the result you were looking for. and i'm sorry you got some potentially bad news about your son. however, like you said, you're still young and could definitely wind up wanting/having another.
April 22nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
erika182's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Holden and his brother will be great friends, and boys always love their mommas LOTS!!!

I agree with the other mommas that technology can cause more worry then needed sometimes.......I hope you get answers soon and everything works out!!!

April 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I was told a lot of unsettling things towards the end of my pregnancy with Holden FROM the diagnostic place i'll be sent to with this baby for the anatomy scan that turned out to be a bunch of crap "weird amniotic fluid" "borderline low amniotic fluid" (I turned out to have a LOT), was also told he was only 5lbs a week before I gave birth.. so while I know it can all be crap and mistaken, it's still really worrisome to me.

I have a long list of names for boys. ugh. it's the Holden situation all over again!!!! Took us forever to pick his first name, and even longer for a middle name

April 22nd, 2009, 08:51 PM
I still like Terrie's boy name the best

April 22nd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erika182 View Post
I still like Terrie's boy name the best
it's ALL YOURS!

April 22nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Not my turn this time, Jayme gets to pick......or I totally would

April 22nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
lies!!!

April 22nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
hoping4more
im sorry things went poorly. when i was preggers with my first they said they saw something on his heart... it went away. praying all is well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search