Speaking of Front Load Washers.....

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, I am pretty sure that DH is going to use our slightly dysfunctional dryer as an excuse to get a new HE Front Load washer and dryer.

If you have one, what brand do you have?

Likes?

Dislikes?

Any advice to someone shopping for these?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
October 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
um. you can buy me a pair and i'll test drive them for you. free of charge!

<3
October 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Kandace!!! I would never have thought of that until you mentioned it. I'll definitely keep it in mind. What a perfect idea. I'll let you know when they are being delivered!
October 20th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Hah my dryer died 2 days ago. I have things hanging on the line and it rained this afternoon. Nathan thinks he can fix the dryer for the 20th time. Now this dryer is 1970's gold and was his parents wedding gift, they are that old. Guess i have to suck it up we cant afford a new dryer right now boo!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
October 20th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I would LOVE a new HE washer/dryer pair, I just don't want to spend the money. I'd rather call a repair person.... However, I think that DH has killed the dryer with the ENORMOUS-should-be-3-loads-but-he-washes-and-dries-it-as-one-load......... The drum does not sound healthy when it spins. And the BLACK look-like burn marks on the back from the clothes being too packed in there the air can't circulate probably don't help either. UGH!!!!! I love that he does laundry. A lot. Without being asked. But I wish he would do it MY way!!!!!!!
October 20th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Snowpeas
We have a maytag neptune that we bought at an auction for super cheap. It turns out that the model we have is not a good one to have - I guess it has a lot of issues with repairs, etc.
October 21st, 2009, 06:19 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
We have the Kenmore Elite HE3t. I really like them. Sometimes you have to slam the doors pretty hard for them to start, lol. But, there isn't anything I would want different about them. It is amazing how fast clothes dry now.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

October 21st, 2009, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
If you have one, what brand do you have? Samsung

Likes? Everything!!! The buttons are very functional and work well, it's very user friendly, it holds A LOT, the settings are awesome, it has a timer to tell you time remaining, it has a delay start for numerous amounts so you can set it to wash in the middle of the night if you wanted, it has vibration reduction technology and it's very quiet, and my favorite is the add a garment feature. You can pause the washer and after about 5-10 seconds it will unlock and you can add in a garment and then press start again. Before I bought our set, I looked online and they were rated best washer and dryer set 2 or 3 years in a row. They have the best warranty available out of the other brands I looked at and they had AWESOME reviews. I am so glad I got them!

Dislikes? None.

Any advice to someone shopping for these? GET PEDESTALS!!! They are kind of pricy but so worth it. You do NOT want to be bending over everytime you need to put something in the washer or dryer. Also it adds A TON of storage space. I keep all of our stain removers, detergent, bleach pens or bleach bottles, lint roller, iron, delicate garment bags, etc down there and it's so great to have that space.
As for HE detergent- they have a ton of options out there. I have gotten All detergent for a good price a few times with coupons but I looked around and Wal-Mart and Target both have store brand HE in case you can't catch a sale on name brand. Just make sure your fabric softener is HE too. I haven't noticed a price difference either.

Here's my washer: Samsung 4 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer with VRT™ (Vibration Reduction Technology) hhgregg.com
Here's my dryer: Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer with Wrinkle Prevention Option hhgregg.com

October 21st, 2009, 11:17 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
yeah, we didnt' get the pedestals, but wish we had them.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

October 21st, 2009, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Oh I also wanted to add try to negotiate prices the best you can. My pedestals were like $189/piece and I got them to give me both for $200 just by going back and forth with the sales guy and the manager. I got the washer and dryer for about $579/piece too. Try going closer to the end of the month when they are trying to meet their monthly sales quota.

October 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have the LG front loaders. I wanted the pedestals, but we couldn't use one on our washer, because it's upstairs and the pan that has to be under the washer kept the pedestals from opening, annoying! But YES I would get them!

I really like our LG's the mechanism is direct drive, which I guess is different than other machines, they work great and were middle of the road on the price.

The one thing I would get no matter what is a "king size" washer as I like to wash our bedding often and even our Queen sized items are tight in there, so I could not use a smaller washer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search