The time has come...

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 03:15 PM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My head is spinning from today and its only 3:00pm.

I knew this was coming but thought maybe I was going to get lucky. I was thrilled when C started walking bc it totally changed his mood. He still has his moments of screaming and crying but nothing like it used to be. So here I thought THANK GOD I get alittle of my sanity back.

Well over the past week its just not working. First he kept walking over to Madeline and climbing on her or he would lose his balance and fall on her. She is getting irrtated with this and has started pushing him to get him away from her. Well now he wants all the toys she is playing with. This house is FULL of toys but I think now that he sees what can be done on two feet he wants to be doing what she is doing. So he walks over to her and trys taking her toy which is only leading to more pushing and now hitting.

Its driving be bonkers and im losing my patience which I really hate. I dont like getting irriated with the kids.

Im not sure how to handle it. Noah and I have talked about it and we partially feel Mad is alittle a right bc he will not leave her alone ..ever....But it dosent mean she can hit and push. The funny thing it too she only does it to him. Any other kid can come up and take her toy or crowd her and she is fine with it.

Today she even tried giving him a different toy so he would leave her alone. it was so cute she grabbed one of her other toys and handed it to him and said here u go but he still wouldnt leave her alone.

Okay long vent over. Its just the next hurdle in motherhood for me
October 21st, 2009, 03:45 PM
Mommy2Noah&Jack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! This is what drives me nuts about my boys. The fighting. There can be a room full of toys but they want the same thing. And usually once they get it they dont want to play with it. If huge fights starts I usually take whatever it is away and nobody gets it. Soon as I do that they most of the time will just go on to something else. This afternoon in the tub they fought over a cup. Noah wanted it, Jack had it... and Noah ended up mad and like 2 minutes later Jack handed it to him and said "Here Noah." It was so sweet. He usually is the one who gives in more. Anyhow, on a positive note, with this soon follows lots of cute moments! The boys interact so much and my favorite thing is watching them interact and talk to oneanother and have conversations. It melts my heart.

October 21st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess you just foreshadowed what is to come for me! Sorry you are loosing your patience. I know how you feel. I have been loosing my patience and getting frustrated with RIley more and more and I hate that I do that. Hopefully Carson will get tired of trying to steal her toys and figure out how to play with other things.

HUGS!!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 21st, 2009, 08:11 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
WTG Carson for walking!! What a big boy!

What they are both doing is completely normal although very frustrating. You sound like you are handling it the best way possible. I am not looking forward to this at all!

And Lindsey I feel the same as you...I feel like I get frustrated with Leila far too quickly these days. It bothers me so much!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

October 21st, 2009, 09:59 PM
StephaniePaige's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
Send a message via AIM to StephaniePaige
Ugh, happens here too. Lucky Emi is old enough to trick Katie into thinking some OTHER toy is really cool, and then Katie wants that one, so Em gets what she originally had LOL. Good luck, this too shall pass....
October 22nd, 2009, 04:43 AM
sweetmelissa's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
WTG Carson on walking! I am right there with you. Rachel started crawling and is up Troys butt! If Troy stops walking Rachel bumps into him. I've been trying to keep them seperate but its not happening.
October 22nd, 2009, 05:17 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup it's a tough one. My kids are still doing it. It's frustrating and difficult but you can handle it.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
October 22nd, 2009, 05:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
brandon does the same thing as emi, he'll say, ''here, jack, play with this'' and jack is just as happy. we have more of an issue with brandon taking things from jack than vice versa. it is great when they play together though! that is very sweet to watch!
October 22nd, 2009, 05:58 AM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no experience and no advice just a big hug lol!

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search