swine flu breakout in our town

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2009, 06:17 AM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so it has hit our town and BAD, they have been closing schools due to so many sick kids, Jordans has not closed yet but the one across the street from hers has, I was not too worried about it but now I am getting paranoid, we went to the mall lastnight and Jason would not let me touch anything LOL how is it in your area?
October 22nd, 2009, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i think we've had two deaths in the last few weeks (an 8 month old and a 14yr old, i believe), but i live in a pretty large city of over a million people. i know a lot of people that have had it or their kids have had it. the doctor's offices are slammed with sick people, it's insane. when i go out of the house with ethan i put my sprout shell cover on his carrier so people can't touch or breath on him and i make brandon and jack use hand sanitizer every time they get in the car from being out somewhere. a family friend pediatrician said we should make brandon take his clothes off after school and run them thru the dryer for 20 minutes to kill bacteria, etc, but i just wash them. it is very scary!
October 22nd, 2009, 07:01 AM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing in our town so far but lots in our province (state to you guys) The only time I have been really worried is the last little while with the trips to the Hospital for James surgery and then his follow up coming up. We don't let him down at all to touch anything or interact with anyone. Poor guy does not understand at all.

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

October 22nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is scary Shawna. Glad your hubs won't let you touch anything. Being preggo you need to be careful!

We have it around us but I havn't heard anything too bad. I freak out though going in for Lexi's well visits. I can just feel the germs in the air when I go in there. LOL!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 22nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
Shawna-mom-to-4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go back to the Dr's next week and I am going to ask about the h1n1 shot, i got my regular flu shot a month ago, they have even said on the news that our hospital will not allow any visitors under the age of 18 in to see people!! that will suck when the babies are born and Jordan and Robbie won't be allowed in
October 22nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
M&RsMom's Avatar Mama to silly boys
Send a message via AIM to M&RsMom
It's not on the news or anything and no schools are closed....we have it and the doc said a lot of people have come in with it yesterday and the day before. We didn't get the swab (cuz NO thanks lol), but anyone with viral illness symptoms is being assumed to have it.

October 22nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've had 4 recorded cases 2 of which died. One kid was only 15 but he had underlying conditions that prevented his body from fighting it. I'm not too worried but I am being careful when out. We've been sticking close to home since the kids had bad colds. I'll be going out tomorrow and will be carrying my hand sanitizer with me.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
October 22nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Keri's~3~Princesses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WE have lots and lots and LOTS of cases here. There are several at the preschool where the boyu I babysit goes, and there has been at least one death (a kindergarten boy) in one of the local school districts. Several moms I know have kids or themselves who have it. There is just no avoiding it around here. wE are just being crazy about handwashing and such. Hopefully we will avoid it. By the time the shot shows up to the public around here, everyone will have already had it!

I love my girls!
Kylie
8yrs,
Kacey
6yrs,
Emilee 3yrs
October 22nd, 2009, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We live down state from you Shawna and it is the same here. We have a ton of schools and churches closed. I am trying to stay home with Kenzie. We both have had the seasonal flu vaccine, but I think we all may have had H1N1 already. I talked with a friend of mine who has a confirmed cases with her triplets. She said it is mainly fever and hard time breathing, congestion. We all had this 3 weeks ago. I still have a slight cough. I hope we can all stay healthy for the rest of the winter.
October 22nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have alot of cases of it here too but no reported deaths I dont think..
October 22nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
mrs_turner's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't really heard too much about it where i am. maybe i am living under a rock but no one i know has gotten it so far thankfully!
October 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
majerus33's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
tons here in texas...it is all air borne...not touching things does not help. no children in kenny's hospital allowed. like 5 to10 deaths here in texas

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search