Jasmine's behavior

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sboricua
so this past week has been rough. all jas has been doing is crying. if she doesnt get her way she cries. now theres this pattern of waking up at 1am crying b/c she wants to sleep in the hall. yep the hallway. so i let her. then 30min later shes crying b/c she wants the light on. then she is crying after i turn on the light b/c she has to go potty. it has been like this everyday so far. I am so stressed out with everything and im exhausted. im falling asleep on the couch around 7-730 lately. I dont understand what shes going thru. i try to talk to her to figure it out and i just dont seem to understand. i feel like im going to have a break down or something. I went to the store with her today and things were good. I gave her some gummies and when we got home i told her she was going to take her nap. she said she wanted goldfish. i told her she already had a snack that she needs to take her nap. boom! she just threw her tantrum in the door way. i picked her up took her to her room and just closed the door. I was unloading the car so i dont know if darwin went upstairs to deal with her. but shes sleeping now. I feel like i have failed. i just dont know what to do anymore. I want to cry b/c its really bothering me. what am i doing wrong?

thank you steph2007 for my gorgeous siggy!

November 14th, 2010, 04:47 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
You aren't doing anything wrong. It's the age she's at and the fact that she's going through so many changes at once. At this age they really can't make sense of things the way older kids can and even though she may act more mature than her age, she's not. She's not understanding the changes and feelings that she's having. Honestly, Bryce doesn't express himself very well either and it's because he's only 3. (We've been going through the nuk fight again because he found nuks that he stashed months ago when we took them away... He's been very emotional lately!)

I know you posted earlier in the week that you're having a hard time having patience with her because of the tantrums. Is there anyone (your MIL or a friend) that can take Jas for the whole weekend to give you a break from her and her from you? It really sounds like you're trying but are just running short on patience with her and you both could use a break. For what it's worth, that's my advice!
November 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
^Agreed. It sounds like you both need a break. This behavior is completely normal right now. It's rough, but we'll get through it together!

November 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alexa's doing that for a week or so now too and it's exhausting. I keep hoping that it will pass soon since she's had lots of things going on lately (birthday, giving up her paci, sickness), but it sounds like it's more age related than anything. DH and I have a hard time dealing with her intense outbursts for what seems like insignificant things/changes etc.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
November 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ladies thanks for being there for me. im really having a hard time with this. just today picked her up from school and told her we going to get ice cream after dinner just the 2 of us. things were good till she wanted to take her jacket off. i told her when we get home since i was driving. she had a huge tantrum. ran away from me. grabbed her and we went inside. she was screaming at the top of her lungs. i just started crying. didnt help when i had a stressful day at work too. i know we will get through it, it just feels likelong ways to go. im hoping when we go back home m y mom will give me that break...

November 16th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Eek, that sounds like Alexa - we took her for ice-cream last night and she had tantrums even while we tried doing something fun for her.
Hugs! Hope your mom will help you get a break!

November 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM
ducky516's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't want to offend you....but is it possible that you might be suffering from ppd? Deserae isn't that old and it's still a possiblity. Sure all the toddlers try our nerves from time to time, but you seem to be having an especially hard time right now. Just something else to think of.

Thanks Kara for my awesome siggy!
November 16th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Also, do you think Jasmine could be starting to act out so that she gets attention that she doesn't think she is getting? That maybe she is starting to display signs of jealousy now that "why isn't this baby leaving" has sunk in?
November 16th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky516 View Post
I don't want to offend you....but is it possible that you might be suffering from ppd? Deserae isn't that old and it's still a possiblity. Sure all the toddlers try our nerves from time to time, but you seem to be having an especially hard time right now. Just something else to think of.
not offended at all. I was thinking about that as well. I dont know if its that or just everything. my job, money, jas. maybe everything is driving me crazy. I also considered maybe she is acting out b/c she wants attention. so im trying to give her attention and do as much as i can with her. but she kinda ruins it was she throws her tantrums. i mean she just goes off for the smallest things. today on our drive home. she is giving me attitude. talking to me like shes 15! i cant even imagine when she is a teen! darwin knows how ive been feeling so when i got home he had roses on the table for me. he is also checking up making sure me and jas are ok. today wasnt as bad. she had dance today so that took most of our time together. lets see how the rest of this week goes.

November 17th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
I can totally relate to the attitude part of your post. Sometimes when Haylee talks to me, I could swear she is a teenager! Ireally think it is age related, but the suggestion to talk to your doctor about PPD is not a bad one either. It can't hurt. I don't really know you yet, but I would like to offer some hugs. It will get better.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

November 17th, 2010, 11:51 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Honestly, I think Ducky is right. You might want to just talk to your doc and tell him/her what is going on and how you're feeling.
November 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I agree that you need to talk to your doctor. I'm sure it's tough with all the things you need to juggle.

In terms of the kids' attitude at this age, I was talking to my mom today about Alexa and she said that consistency is key. DH and I really need to work to be on the same page in terms of consequences for behavior etc. It sounds like this is a tough age for them, but it's really important that we offer consequences when they refuse to listen to us. DH and I need to have a talk and decide the various consequences we want to implement for disobedience and hopefully we can curb this type of behavior early.
Not sure if my rambling was helpful,, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in the "3-year old attitude" issue.

November 17th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Lots of children dont go through the terrible twos at all, but then it hits at 3. It seems normal esp if she has been such a easy child to deal with until now.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
November 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Cherryluv64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Cherryluv64 Send a message via Yahoo to Cherryluv64
Oh honey you're not alone in this. Miranda has been especially conflictive since she turned three, disobedient even. She throws tantrums, gets an annoying attitude and even thrown things. I agree with consistency, it's normal for children this age to get like this because of the changes they're going through, it's not easy for them to stop being babies and they also start to really test your authority. You have to be consistent with the consequences of her behavior, make sure she understands that that kind of attitude is not acceptable.

Every child is different but most go through the same phases, you just have to try out some methods and see which one gets the best result. Hang in there hon, you're a great mom and I'm sure it will get better. Hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search