Thanksgiving

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 08:06 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's everyone doing? Where are you going? Are you cooking, taking a dish? If so, what?

I'm still not 100% sure what we're doing. My Mom is having dinner, but I'm trying to convince her to move it to my house. It's easier with Abby and my place is bigger.
If so, then Jay's Grandma would come over as well. My Mom invited her to her house as well, but I don't know if she'd go.

If I go to my Mom's, I'll take my broccoli dish. It's so yummy and something my Grandma made every year. She'd be proud to know I'm still making it. (Wow, that made me cry.)

Honestly, I LOVE cooking the huge dinners and that's partly why I want it at my house. lol The Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, corn, green beans, rolls, relish tray, macaroni salad, Jay does the gravy, yummy!! Can't wait!

November 17th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Thanksgiving! I'm cooking a small meal here this Friday for my MIL and us. Then on Thanksgiving we are going to my uncles for dinner.

November 17th, 2010, 11:16 AM
JennO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are having something here, just DH, the kids and I. We don't have family down here so this will be the 8th year we have no one but us (yes, I am bitter today). We alway just have a lazy day. The kids will watch the parade with DH and I will cook. This year, Sarah is going to help. I am really looking forward to that. Doesn't seem like there is ever enough "mamma time" for her. Then we will eat and spend the afternoon watching football and just relax. Hopefully this year Joel won't break his arm!

November 17th, 2010, 02:23 PM
BraydensMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to BraydensMama Send a message via Yahoo to BraydensMama
We're staying put this year although we still have a pretty big bunch LOL I'm wondering if B's grandma will come visit sometime for the holidays. It's been months since I've heard from her.
November 17th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We always go to my moms house for dinner. She cooks the big stuff because I never have! LOL...but so far I am bringing some Italian pasta salad and some cherry croissants for a dessert, not sure what else yet...

November 18th, 2010, 09:26 AM
optimus21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have no family near so its always just us. This is the 1st year we are doing a turkey. Last year we roasted a huge chicken and the year before rack of lamb. DH is in charge of the meat and I do everything else. He is a fantastic cook.
November 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
We are going to my parents house. I keep asking what they want me to bring but my dad usually waits until last minute to decide (which drives me nuts). I love cooking the whole meal but I don't a lot of space for everyone to sit down and eat. Plus my brother absolutely loves to help my Dad with the turkey so he'd be disappointed if he didn't get to do that.

November 18th, 2010, 06:59 PM
YAY, it's been confirmed and My parents and dh's Grandma are coming here.
My Stepdad insists on making the turkey, my Mom will make macaroni salad. Dh's Grandma is bringing pies (God I hope something other than meringue pies, I hate it!!) We'll make the rest! It'll be so much easier with the girls. Emily's crafts for next week will be to make place cards or something for the table. lol Maybe silverware rings of some sort. lol

I was informed tonight that my MIL is having Thanksgiving on Saturday. I will NOT be going, dh might but I refuse.

November 18th, 2010, 09:13 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
not a single clue here yet, lol.
November 18th, 2010, 09:34 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Staying in town and going to Jeff's parents' house. They're ordering food because they aren't up to cooking and Jeff doesn't want me to have to do it. I will take something though, in case what they order isn't my kinda food.

I'm kinda bummed that I won't get to see my family, but I honestly am kinda mad that they don't ever come see us... my dad's kids haven't even seen Eli yet... My mom's kids have come down to see us, even though it's twice as far for them... but we never see them for Thanksgiving, just Christmas sometimes, but I highly doubt I'll see any of them then either.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
November 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We aren't doing anything.. None of our families are cooking.. I got invited to join a friend of ours at hers.. So we shall see. I might do that.. It is so strange not doing something with our families..
November 21st, 2010, 12:39 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I'm excited! This year I get to see my uncle, whom I haven't seen in about 2 yrs! He's in the process of getting divorced from Psycho #2. Some nice guys just seem to attract crazies. My mom's sister and her family and my grandparents are coming. Plus 6 of my brothers, 2 with wives, one with a fiancee and one with a girlfriend, said girlfriend's son, and of course, my niece! This will all be at my parents' house. I'm making the potatoes! My mom got lazy (haha! She makes everything else!) and started using boxed potatoes. That made me sad, so I started offering to make the potatoes. I tried scalloped potatoes one year and they were a disaster. Any advice?

November 21st, 2010, 01:03 PM
Boxed potatoes make me cry! lol I LOVE any type of potatoes, but NO BOX! lol
Mashed potatoes are a MUST for Thanksgiving. What type are you wanting to make?
I just made a yummy casserole the other day with ham and scalloped/augratin (not sure what the difference is.) lol Everyone liked it, which is always a plus!

November 22nd, 2010, 08:10 AM
Just finished the meu and am shopping tomorrow if Ivana is better and is in school. If not I have to go wednesday morning when Dh is off which is pushing it close. we are having

Turkey ( no more than 9-10 lbs)
Gravy
Dressing
Rolls
Green Bean Casserole
Macaroni and Cheese
Sweet Potato casserole
Deviled Eggs
Apple Pie
Chocolate Pie
Fruit Salad
Drinks- Wine, Sparking grape juice, beer

so its just the 4 of us so we should have tons of food left over. iu cant wait to eat.
November 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
We're having:

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes
gravy
Sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows
macaroni salad
green bean casserole
relish tray
rolls
Pumpkin pie
coffee cake

I think that's everything. I worked in a grocery store before and trust me when I say, you do NOT want to go to the store on Wednesday!!!

November 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Yeah, grocery stores the day before Thanksgiving are rough, I worked for 7 years in high school and college in grocery stores. Thanksgiving day is always really quiet though LOL

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
November 22nd, 2010, 11:34 AM
We are going to go to sams club tonight and I am going to get the rest at kroger tomorrow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search