Walk down memory lane

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2012, 06:25 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since our babies are about to turn 5, I thought it'd be fun to take a walk down memory lane.

Was your pregnancy planned?

What was your reaction to getting your BFP?

How did you tell the Daddy?

How did you tell family?

Did you have a shower?

How did you pick the name?

Did your birth go as planned?

May 21st, 2012, 06:32 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Was your pregnancy planned? ohh yes very!

What was your reaction to getting your BFP? It was our 5th month trying i was nervous (because of ryleigh) but very excited!

How did you tell the Daddy? He was with me when i tested

How did you tell family? I told my parents via text LOL stuart told the inlaws

Did you have a shower? Nope

How did you pick the name? Her name was Courtney for many months and everyone would call her courtney but then i decided i didn't want it anymore.. we had a list of names, but we couldn't decide on one together.. then stuart just came out with "Rhianna" one day and i really liked it

Did your birth go as planned? Nope, i was induced because she stopped growing, i got an epidural at 10cm because the silly people didn't check me before hand & then i had to end up being cut because her heart kept dipping and i couldn't push her out because i couldn't feel a **** thing, i was only a few mins away from c-section and it wasn't a pleasant experience.. other than the actual struggles at pushing stage it was a good birth, i got to 10cm quite quickly & pain wasn't too bad

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

May 21st, 2012, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Was your pregnancy planned? Kind of, we were about to start really TTC and had just stopped preventions, it just happened much sooner than we thought, which was cool.

What was your reaction to getting your BFP? I was thrilled!!!!

How did you tell the Daddy? I waited until he came home from work that evening, sat him down and said "I'm pregnant!" And he was shocked, happy and teary eyed!

How did you tell family? I think I told my mom on the phone... I don't really remember how we told everyone...guess it was just whenever we talked to them next.

Did you have a shower? Yep!

How did you pick the name? Poured over books and websites and made lists until we both agreed.

Did your birth go as planned? For the most part, yes.

May 21st, 2012, 11:10 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Was your pregnancy planned? We had been trying for 2 years and had finally given up so I guess yes and no. He was very wanted and we weren't preventing but it was still a surprise.

What was your reaction to getting your BFP? I almost didn't believe it at first. I cried because I was so happy.

How did you tell the Daddy? He had left for work and didn't even know that I suspected that I might be pregnant. I called him on the phone to see if he could come home and he begged me to tell him what was going on so I finally told him.

How did you tell family? My mom's birthday was a few days before I found out that I was pregnant. I had ordered a gift for her but it didn't come in on time. So when I found out that I was pregnant I called and told her that her gift had come in. I went over to take her her "gift" and gave her a card that said "Dear Grandma, I will be there to celebrate your birthday with you next year. I love you already! Love, Baby W....."

Did you have a shower? Yes

How did you pick the name? It took us forever to pick his name. We had a girl name but it took a long time to come up with a boy name. Finally, Benjamin popped into my head and it felt right.

Did your birth go as planned? It went even better than I thought it would!

May 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Susan, that card made me cry!

Was your pregnancy planned? Yes

What was your reaction to getting your BFP? I was so excited, I cried!

How did you tell the Daddy? We both worked that day and we worked opposite schedules. When we both got into bed, I said goodnight and he said goodnight. He put his arm around me to sleep, so I slid his hand to my belly and said "Tell the baby goodnight too". He sat STRAIGHT UP and said "Really?!?!" I said yes and he said "Let me see the test!" He was very excited!!

How did you tell family? I made Kayla a shirt that said "I have a secret" on the front. On the back it said "I'm going to be a big sister!" She wore that to my Moms.
For Jay's family, we went to his Grandma's 70th b-day party where she FORBID gifts but I bought a frame and put "Coming in June 2007, Baby Sloan!" I threw in a I Heart Grandma bib.. she opened it, cried and took off to show everyone at her party! LOL

Did you have a shower? Yes

How did you pick the name? I had loved the name Emma (because of Friends) but Jay wasn't crazy about it. Finally one day he said, How about Emily? And I said "Huh..Emily..I like it!" June was decided before because it's Jay's Grandma's name.

Did your birth go as planned? Not exactly. I knew I'd have a c/section but I did NOT know my spinal wouldn't take and I'd have to be put under. Scared the bejesus out of me!! I had spinal headaches for 2 weeks after, which are AWFUL!!

May 22nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Ugh I remember you having those spinal headaches. I know it was awful.

A friend of mine had that happen too and they had to do a blood patch. She hardly got to hold the baby for the first few days because she couldn't even really sit up.

May 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
No, you can't sit up. The only way the headaches "go away" is if you are FLAT on your back. It makes it really hard to enjoy your newborn.
The ride home from the hospital, I had to recline my seat and lay down, it was awful.
I refused a blood patch, I wasn't letting them go ANYWHERE near my spine again. So I suffered through them. The Dr tried many times to get me to agree to it and I flat out refused. My OB (whom I just love) told me her RX to me was LOTS of caffeine and LOTS of chocolate. That's the PERFECT RX for a Mom that had GD. LOL
I got the headaches (which is a STUPID name, should be called cranial explosion!) because my spinal didn't take. Quack anesthesiologist didn't put it in the right spot.
I was so so so so grateful I didn't get them after Abby.

May 25th, 2012, 12:36 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Was your pregnancy planned? Yes, talked about it for months while Nick was away.

What was your reaction to getting your BFP? I literally jumped up and down and said "Thank you God" over and over lol

How did you tell the Daddy? I had to e-mail him I couldn't call cuz he was in Afghanistan again by the time I found out. Well, he was on his way, which is why I e-mailed him, cuz if he had already been there I could have counted on him to call.

How did you tell family? Uh, just told them...nothing special.

Did you have a shower? Nope

How did you pick the name? Nick picked it

Did your birth go as planned? Yes...ish...I mean he came out healthy and vaginally, but I didn't want to be induced and I was and the epidural made me never ever want another epidural.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search