some answers and preschool graduation!!

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2012, 06:55 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Whew its been awhile but I am here to update. We finally got some answers about Raleigh. She was diagnosed with ADHD/ODD and Bipolar. We gave the ok to medicate her but we have to wait until she turns five so a little less than two weeks. Its been a heck of a ride to this point but we think the medication is best for her. We dont have any support or family/friends that really understand or care what we are going through so we pretty much hear a lot of mean negative things from the family so its just us dealing with everything alone. She will stay in counseling/behavior therapy and with the medications hopefully something turns out well with this. Anyways onto today..Raleigh had her preschool graduation and i am SO proud of her. This is the second time for her in preschool because of issues last year so i am very happy and proud of her for making it through from start to finish I just wanted to share a couple of photos.

beginning of school year:

after recieving her certificate:

with her teacher:

Well thats about it for now..She has counseling once a week and behavior therapy. She is in ballet now and doing well with it..she has her first ballet recital tomorrow night so ill be excited to see how she does.
June 14th, 2012, 05:41 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you finally got some answers. How did they come to those conclusions?
I'm surprised they diagnosed with as being bipolar as such a young age.
I don't blame you for medicating, I hope it allows her to find herself. I hope you all finally get some results after such a long time!
She looks JUST like you Vannessa!

June 14th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Loving My Piglets
i am shocked she has been giving a diagnosis of bipolar at such a young age i hope the medication helps her x

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

June 14th, 2012, 08:57 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Wow I've never heard of such a young child receiving a diagnosis of bipolar. I hope tha the medications help to make improvements for her so that all of you can enjoy life a little more. I know it's been a difficult road.

I agree with Paula, she really does look like you!

June 14th, 2012, 10:48 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Thank you..we hear that alot about her looking like me

It was the last psychiatrist we saw. He did not write bipolar on her chart but he said from what he sees and how she is he is positive she is bipolar and will be "diagnosed" with that when she is older. The medication she will be taking is for the ADHD/ODD and hopefully that will help her out a bit. I am just ready to have our lives settle down a bit after everything we have gone and been through. I love her so much and i hate seeing her this way, its sad for everyone involved and because of her age it makes me feel like total crap that she doesnt understand why she is this way or feels/acts the way she does. I am actually looking for a parenting class for her dad and i to go to for parents with kids that have these diagnoses.
June 15th, 2012, 01:39 AM
giorgia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to giorgia
I'm glad you got some answers, I've been thinking of you!

What about the sleeping issues?

Thank you very much KatarinA for my siggy!!!

June 15th, 2012, 04:32 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Love the photos . What is ODD?

June 15th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope the meds help her!! Glad you got some answers!

June 15th, 2012, 09:47 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bet a support group would be great for you guys, other people who are going through the same things. It might help Raleigh too, to see she's not alone and have other kids that are where she's at.

June 16th, 2012, 08:44 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
ODD is Oppositional Defiant Disorder

I hope you're able to find some type of support group. I know someone who has 2 sons with Autism and she has a support group for parents of children with Autism and it has been so wonderful for her and her family.

June 21st, 2012, 04:08 AM
BraydensMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to BraydensMama Send a message via Yahoo to BraydensMama
Aww, she is just adorable! Looks so grown up! And so glad she was able to get in a full year of preschool! I still cannot believe they just pushed her out without giving you an resources or anything last year! I'm glad you got some answers! A support group would be a wonderful thing about now. I am so sorry you're feeling so alone in this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search