Pool Time

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you go swimming in the summer? Do you have any kind of pool at home or do you have a certain place you go?

Cold Water... Do you slowly ease your way in or do you just jump in and get it over with?

How well can you swim?
How well can your kids swim?

June 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you go swimming in the summer? Depends on if we go on vacation. If not, then usually a few times. If so, A LOT!
Do you have any kind of pool at home or do you have a certain place you go? We have a kiddie pool for the kids. We also have one in the box, in the garage unopened that's been sitting there for 5 years! It's 4ft.

Cold Water... Do you slowly ease your way in or do you just jump in and get it over with? I'd just rather not swim. LOL

How well can you swim? I can't, at all. I sink like a rock!
How well can your kids swim? Kayla swims like a fish. Emily will be taking swim lessons. I missed the first session so she starts in July. Abby will take lessons when she is 5.

June 26th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you go swimming in the summer? Do you have any kind of pool at home or do you have a certain place you go? We go as much as we can. We just have a kiddie pool at home but we have a membership to the local gym & aquatic center so we swim there about once a week.

Cold Water... Do you slowly ease your way in or do you just jump in and get it over with? I have to slowly go in, takes me forever lol.

How well can you swim? I can swim pretty good.
How well can your kids swim? Mikaela has always been very timid of the water and has never really learned to swim, we have tried with her every summer but she is so scared. I swear something must have happened to her in a past life!!! I've just now got her to stop using floats and she is starting to hold her breathe and go under water but still not swimming well at all. Dylan on the other hand has NO fear, he will jump in the pool, we have to watch him carefully!! We put his arm floaties on and he takes off! He is swimming around very well, just not without floats yet! I wanted to put them both in swim lessons this year but I don't think we can afford it right now.

June 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
How often do you go swimming in the summer? It depends. Sometimes we go to the beach or we go to a local lake that my parents have a membership to.

Do you have any kind of pool at home or do you have a certain place you go? We have a kiddie pool. My parents have a big hot tub and in the summer they turn the heater off and the kids can go in it.

Cold Water... Do you slowly ease your way in or do you just jump in and get it over with? Just get in and get it over with

How well can you swim? I'm a good swimmer. I was even on the swim team in high school

How well can your kids swim? They don't really know how to swim yet but they both loving being in the pool. Ben will even put his face in the water.

June 28th, 2012, 05:22 AM
BraydensMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to BraydensMama Send a message via Yahoo to BraydensMama
How often do you go swimming in the summer? Yes, our pool is about 3 ft. deep by about 18 feet. So comes up to B's chest. We also go to a public pool though and have even traveled about 45 minutes to another city for their little splash park, which was a blast! Only cost $4 for us to get in, too!

Cold Water... I ease in! B just goes for it LOL I like this time of the summer where the pool has been baking for a month or more and the pool is not cold. Of course, there is also a time where it gets bathtub warm and that's not really fun anymore. We have to add more water.

How well can you swim? I can swim well. I was on the swim team, too!

How well can your kids swim? B scares me with how brave his is, too LOL He's doing flips and going under water and staying there. He's all over the place. He's still used to being about to put his feet down so when we go elsewhere it's a bit of a shock that he can't. We're working on treading water, but that's a hard thing to teach a kid. We're getting there.
July 1st, 2012, 08:58 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
We swim at the YMCA at swim lesson and after it, that's it. We did it in April and May, two days a week, then took June off cuz of the whole I couldn't swim due to Terra being born thing, but we restart tomorrow.

July 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
we have been going about once a week if the sun is out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search